Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any tips for getting rid of red spots quickly?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Would NEVER dream of popping spots though, that's not only rough but leaves scars, which imo are worse than the occassional spot. :confused:

Ilora x

So you'd rather walk round with big yellow pustules on your face?
    I wonder if it went :chin:

For the record, almay clear complexion stuff is good for drying them out.
    Carolina wrote:
    eeeew. I hate seeing people with spots with heads on them that just need squeezing soooo badly. How can they see that and not pop it?
    Maybe im just a bit obsessive about it, but i couldnt leave a big lump of pus just sitting under my skin.
    eeeew. I hate seeing people with spots with heads on them that just need squeezing soooo badly. How can they see that and not pop it?
    Maybe im just a bit obsessive about it, but i couldnt leave a big lump of pus just sitting under my skin.

Thats very true, I once got a white-head spot which came up during the day and didn't know til I got home...the shame! :o

:no:

Not obsessive, I'm the same... I think it's worse to leave a big yellowhead on ya face than to pop it. Luckily, I think most people are secret squeezers... :thumb:
    I can understand why people do have them as i realise that if done badly it can leave scars or make them worse but if done correctly and gently then it's all done and dusted. :yes:
    Carolina wrote:
    Yes, because I'd rather have a spot for a few days than a scar for a few years.

Stupid people. :rolleyes:

Ilora x

Ilora x

scar for few years... what kind of spots are you getting... must be some evil monster spots...

Ilora x

But the yellow ones are supposed to be squeezed aren't they? Where does the infection puss bit go if you don't sqeeze?

Edited to add link

Advice on squeezing yellow spots, they say go for it.

Squeezing

I can understand your view to be honest and think it does depend on the person and their skin.

Ilora x

No need for that really was there now. :no: Judging by previous posts you have a real problem with attitude ridden comments when people don't agree with your opinion. Can't understand why you can't just keep your comments mature instead of childish.
    squeezing spots wont leave scars if youre careful.
    the yellow ones are supposed to be squeezed! big angry red ones just need to be left
    Ballerina wrote:
    the yellow ones are supposed to be squeezed! big angry red ones just need to be left

:yes: :yes:
    I'd call them more of a white, really. :p
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I have squeezed my spots for years and I have no scars :D
    Did it go in time :p
    pinkvans wrote:
    popping spots is the best fun, blackheads are even better.

i squeeze my dads blackheads for him after he's had a shave.

it's like..monkeys grooming each other, except i don't eat what i dig out =P
    that is quite possibly the most wrong thing i have ever read *pukes*
    beans wrote:
    Did it go in time :p

It went down a hell of alot but not completely, no. Still, it wasn't as noticable as it was. I wore concealer but it didn't work very well. Still, it didn't ruin my day :D
    Dermalmd Acne Serum got rid of the redness and acne in no time. I tend to get small acnes once in a while. My face looks clear in just one day after using the treatment.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @PriscaBelle, and welcome to the community. :wave:

This thread is over 10 years old now, so I'm going to close it. We tend not to post in older threads or anything considered 'dead'. You can find out a bit more about why and some of our other more unspoken rules over in our Good Manners Guide.

Feel free to post a new thread on this topic if you like, or introduce yourself. :)

Mike
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.