Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ketamine study - can you help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you'd be unconcious before you got anywhere near the ld50..
    z01 wrote:
    you'd be unconcious before you got anywhere near the ld50..
    Not every individual would have to take the LD50 dose to die...some could die on much less, some could take much more.
    Not every individual would have to take the LD50 dose to die...some could die on much less, some could take much more.

Thats why its a very dangerous drug and why I posted really because people were claiming it was quite safe. x
    Thats why its a very dangerous drug and why I posted really because people were claiming it was quite safe. x
    Indeed, it's not true of any drug to say it can't harm you. I'm suprised a mod didn't comment on that tbh.
    I'm suprised a mod didn't comment on that tbh.

They need a weekend too remember.
    Zenie wrote:
    But who doesn't throw up on K?? :banghead:

Can't say I've ever thrown up on k alone.the worst was when i got drunk as well, we were spinning around in the corridor, making ourselves dizzy. THEN i threw up :yes:
    Addict wrote:
    Fair play :yes:
    ehh someone deleting posts here or what :confused:

Ketamine, if used by itself is quite a safe drug (physically if not mentally) taking an over dose if you are snorting it although maybe possible for some people is statistically very unlikely.

It knocks you out without having really any impact on the CNS, which is why its used in old people and in battle field situations.

Having said that, it is a very powerful hallucinogenic and therefore not always stunningly good for your mental health. And it can be addictive.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Addict wrote:
    *sigh* Its the first weekend since Christmas that I haven't turned my laptop on. I should have known this would happen...

I really don't like the tone of this thread.

Ketamine is a powerful disassociative anasthetic and is used on animals children and old people by a qualified anesthetist under supervised and monitored conditions because it generally doesn't depress the central nervous system. Medical grade Ketamine is used on animals and humans, its the same drug and is used for the same reasons.

High doses can affect breathing, and like most anasthetics nausea is a common side effect. The greatest danger when taking ketamine is to lose consciousness then throw up, thats why a sitter is recommended. And ketamine can be psychologically and physically addictive.

Please try and get out of the habit of saying that drugs are safe. Its not true.
    z01 wrote:
    ehh someone deleting posts here or what :confused:
    No - I was replying to an older post. You don't always throw on k, despite the fact that it tastes like crap when it drips.
    dam i'd need to give up for 6 months!
    A friend of a friend fell downstairs at a squat party and died after doing K, a year or two ago.
    No - I was replying to an older post. You don't always throw on k, despite the fact that it tastes like crap when it drips.

I actually like the taste of K, find it quite metalic, but then again I was always the one like the CD cover of any drugs we would do... I hate wasting...
    Blagsta wrote:
    A friend of a friend fell downstairs at a squat party and died after doing K, a year or two ago.
    Bad news about your mate. Things can go wrong so easily.
    I actually like the taste of K, find it quite metalic, but then again I was always the one like the CD cover of any drugs we would do... I hate wasting...
    Ha, I hate waste too.
    I was in the pub with a load of mates on St. Paddy's day - tried to climb on a chair after a couple of bumps - failed. Smashed a pint glass with my hand on the way down... Didn't even realise until somebody pointed it out.

:yuck:

It's ok as long as you have a beerski on hand to wash it down I suppose.
    Addict wrote:

Nah, I never drink or eat under chemicals, I just enjoy the taste, my mates never got why I like it, but they took the habit of passing me the CD cover (or mirror or whatever) when everyone was done :D
    Nah, I never drink or eat under chemicals, I just enjoy the taste, my mates never got why I like it, but they took the habit of passing me the CD cover (or mirror or whatever) when everyone was done :D

We snorted lines of a big mirror once. It was only the next day when it was bright and we were sober that we realised the thing was totally covered in dust we hadn't seen, and we had been racking up lines filled with dust :yuck: . We always dust and clean our snorting surfaces now.
    The taste is disgusting and I can only do it when I've had pills and base now days. I'm sick if I have it straight but can't get enough of it when I'm under the influence!!
    Hmm... well I gave someone their first taste of it saturday, they said they didn't feel anything off the first bump, I was mash up on too much mandy so I must have given them a bit too much as a second line. :eek2:

We fell asleep very quickly :cool: :hyper:
    Addict wrote:

Its a bad idea to drink alcohol while using ketamine, the two work together as depressants and you are more likely to have a dangerous depressive effect on the CNS. Plus you are more likely to be sick which while under could be very dangerous.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its a bad idea to drink alcohol while using ketamine, the two work together as depressants and you are more likely to have a dangerous depressive effect on the CNS. Plus you are more likely to be sick which while under could be very dangerous.

I wasn't really referring to ketamine thugh I understand the ambiguity. I was just referring to licking powders of cases etc. In my experience I can only do it if I have a drink (alcoholic or non-alcohlic) to wash it down as I don't particularly like the taste of powdered chemical drugs.
    Addict wrote:
    I wasn't really referring to ketamine thugh I understand the ambiguity. I was just referring to licking powders of cases etc. In my experience I can only do it if I have a drink (alcoholic or non-alcohlic) to wash it down as I don't particularly like the taste of powdered chemical drugs.

Fair enough, I've just had friends who thinking that ket had no effect on the CNS have been drunk while using and then wondered why it all went a bit wrong. And anyway aside from the dangers if you are trying to learn something from the k-hole the alcohol will fog the mind.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Fair enough, I've just had friends who thinking that ket had no effect on the CNS have been drunk while using and then wondered why it all went a bit wrong. And anyway aside from the dangers if you are trying to learn something from the k-hole the alcohol will fog the mind.

Indeed. I was up all night talking to my mate on the phone who had done some ketamine by himself just for an 'experiment'. I told him to go and wake one of his flatmates. He wasn't making much sense. He seemed to lapse in and out of being totally gone, and being normal. He seemed to think he could control it. Strange?
    Addict wrote:
    Indeed. I was up all night talking to my mate on the phone who had done some ketamine by himself just for an 'experiment'. I told him to go and wake one of his flatmates. He wasn't making much sense. He seemed to lapse in and out of being totally gone, and being normal. He seemed to think he could control it. Strange?

Not really, its quite common for people to under extimate how intoxicated they are on virtually anything, you're judgement is knackered so you dont properly think.

You see it in pubs really often 'I can have one more' when the bloke can hardly stand.
    What I meant was that he seemed to think he could control the effects etc. For example he could snap out of it and stabilize himself if he so wished. I thought it was strange. I knew he was out of the game though. He called me and after a while I said I'd call him back because I have free minutes. In between hanging up and me calling back there was a time of about 15 seconds. He thought he'd been waiting 15 minutes.
    Addict wrote:
    What I meant was that he seemed to think he could control the effects etc. For example he could snap out of it and stabilize himself if he so wished. I thought it was strange. I knew he was out of the game though. He called me and after a while I said I'd call him back because I have free minutes. In between hanging up and me calling back there was a time of about 15 seconds. He thought he'd been waiting 15 minutes.

That time distortion is far from uncommon, especially with ketamine. It is some what odd that he thought he could turn it on and off, but the ket is quite an odd drug.
    From reading the recent posts in this thread I honestly can't understand why people use K, I know I can't knock it till I've tried it and I'm certainly not judging anyone who does but it sounds so bloody scary. Wheres the pleasure in being sleepy? :eek2:
    Last time I did K (about 2 years ago), it didn't make me feel sleepy. It made me feel like I was Dr Who, time travelling round the multiverse! Weirdest drug I ever did.
    Wheres the pleasure in being sleepy? :eek2:

most downers make you sleepy and millions of people get pleasure from them!