Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Exericse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Can you actually exericse too much?

I go the gym pretty much everyday for about 2 hours then do about an hour or an hour and a half of yoga about 5 times a week, so just wondering if it is bad for you to workout too much?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    yeah you can exercise too much, you need to give your muscles time to recover. when you exercise your muscles use a form of carb called glycogen which is stored in them for energy. if this is not restored adequately once youve used it all, then your muscle will start to use its own tissue for energy. also, over training damages the muscle tissue, so if u dont leave enough time for repair then your training will be having a negative impact on your body. though it does depend on the intesity and what type of exercise you are actually doing for those 2 hours in the gym.
  • Options
    Ta for that...just got bit worried when my mate said i could injure myself. I just normaly go on the stepper, treadmill, x-trainer and sometimes bike or rower then a few light weights. Might cut down on the times i go.
  • Options
    I just normaly go on the stepper, treadmill, x-trainer and sometimes bike or rower...

All in the same go?
  • Options
    yeh..not always the bike or the rower just if i can be arsed with them. I'm a bit of a fitness fanatic i guess :blush:
  • Options
    I wish I had time in the day to fit all of that in
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I wish I had time in the day to fit all of that in

Yeah exactly.

The gym workouts sound pretty long on their own, without the other stuff.