Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I don't know where to put this so...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
...I'll just put it here. Mods feel free to move it.

I finished my job about 2 weeks ago now. Out of my first paid wage slip, £30 came out as a deposit for my uniform and key fob. I returned my uniform and key fob last week sometime. I was promised that the £30 would be put into my account today.

It didn't.

I've rang up and they keep dodging my questions and keep saying that they are dealing with it but they are blatently not planning on giving it to me.

Can they do this? Its hardly fair as they made me pay for that stuff in the first place and now I've returned it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Call them again, I think that is just so rude of them. Don't give up til you get your money back. They are being so cheeky! x
  • Options
    I do keep ringing them but the response I got from the manager was "Stacey. I told you I would ring you back. I'm dealing with it"

I rang him first thing this morning. When exactly is he planning on ringing me back?

This is my money that I'm entitled to.

I'm supposed to be booking a table for me and a guy for next Friday night there as the food is lovely :) However, if I don't get my money, I'm very tempted to spend £30 worth and walk out.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It's YOUR money and its YOUR right to have it. Rightly give them shit till they pay attention and give you the money.
  • Options
    (Home law and money?)
    I wouldn't order food and then walk out, because that could just cause more problems. I agree with JsT.
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me with a couple different jobs. If you worked then they are legally obligated to pay you. Some bastard places though will not hesitate to take their time giving it to you. One job, with calling them, corporate and writing letters, it took them 2 1/2 months to get me my money. Just keep calling them and bothering them about it.

Don't leave it to them to call you back, whether he said he would or not, take the inititave and keep calling them.
  • Options
    He was really annoyed at me when I rang though :( I don't know how long I should leave it till I ring back again to see what is happening. I know its only £30 but at the end of the day, its money I'm entitled to. £30 was taken out of my first wage packet and I want it back.

Obviously I'm not going to walk out of the restaurant without paying. I'd be breaking the law but boy, I'm tempted to.
  • Options
    He has no right to be annoyed! Its not your fault that they are keeping money that is yours and you want it back.
  • Options
    what they're doing is effectively stealing from u, you have every right to that £30, so ring him bk+tell him that you wont leave it til u get ur money!
  • Options
    Are you sure you are entitled to this £30?
    No doubt when you bought your uniform it was brand new and they can hardly give it on to someone else can they.
  • Options
    go to the CAB and ask if you can do anything about it...

maybe there could be a court summons or something?
  • Options
    go to the CAB and ask if you can do anything about it...

maybe there could be a court summons or something?
    wtf?

The money is 24 hours late and now it's the weekend. Just be patient.
  • Options
    exactly give them another few days!
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    wtf?

The money is 24 hours late and now it's the weekend. Just be patient.

Indeed; it's possible they have to go back through their payroll department or something like that...so it'll take a bit of time for them to sort it. If nothing's been done in a couple of days (or if he hasn't been back in contact to update you) then I'd start harassing them. :)
  • Options
    Generally I agree with the "give them a chance to do something" brigade. Though the manager shouldn't have been rude about it.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Are you sure you are entitled to this £30?
    No doubt when you bought your uniform it was brand new and they can hardly give it on to someone else can they.

Yeah it was new.

I was told though that the money would be returned to me when I left.

I was told it would be in my account on Friday. I was told that on the previous Sunday.

Still, I'm going to leave it for a few days I think.