Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

£45,000 pa pension.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if you have been an mp for thirty years you'll get forty five grand a year pension and will have only paid in six grand.
but ...they have a slight problem and are asking the ...telling the public they will now have to fork out an extra one and a million quid in tax to pay for it.
ok so i might have misheard it on the radio ...put me right.

come the next general election there should be a fuck you lot party.
election day should see millions march through the streets demanding a new way of governing ...a way that does it without taking the piss.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How about the "if you want it to happen pay for it" party?

So you'd get a list of things you'd pay for and you could cross off what you weren't interested in and then pay for only those things you'd fork out for.

You could keep the street lights, hospitals and pensions and fuck off these grasping cunts.

There is only one defence against this kind of exploitation, and that's keeping your cash in your own pockets.
    They don't want your piss, Rolly. They want your blood, sweat and money but you can hang onto your tears.

What a bargain eh? ;)
    They don't want your piss, Rolly. They want your blood, sweat and money but you can hang onto your tears.

What a bargain eh? ;)
    i'm getting realy pissed off with them all.
    Revolution!
    I hate to say this Rolly, but the story is 100% true. The announcement was made yesterday in a written statement on the final day of the Commons sitting before the Easter holidays. In other words, the Government was trying to bury this bad news to the taxpayer (but brilliant news for our pathetic, bloated, useless MPs) and at the same time, no MPs get to complain about it in the House. Though none bloody would do anyway.

Also yesterday, there were 39 written statements made by the Government, compared to roughly 5 on a normal day. Looks like there was a lot of bad news to release quietly yesterday.
    subject13 wrote:
    Revolution!
    something surely has to be done soon about these detestable pigs ...we have a two party system full of the same pigs ...don't even mention the dso called third party.
    it's time to stop being abused.
    Well, put down the irnbru and prawn crisps, turn off Eastbenders and take a cue from your "cousins" across the channel, TAKE TO THE STREETS EN MASSE!!!

It's not "participatory" democracy unless there is participation, and that means actively holding the criminals,...err parliamentarians, to account for every single connivance they think they can pull over on the gullible and complacent masses.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    something surely has to be done soon about these detestable pigs ...we have a two party system full of the same pigs ...don't even mention the dso called third party.
    it's time to stop being abused.

Aye, but with the media and the control, most of the folk are on the end of hte stick and wont do anything!

We need to wake them up, and do something. Or it'll be to late... AGAIN! Britain is on the top of hte slope, tetering over the end... come on, people, lets pull it back out, and get these tossers out of power.

If we don't, we're fucked!
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    ...come on, people, lets pull it back out, and get these tossers out of power. If we don't, we're fucked!
    You can be my deputy. ;)
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You can be my deputy. ;)
    fu. ;(
    I shall rule. With a benevolent Iron Fist.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    fu. ;(
    I shall rule. With a benevolent Iron Fist.
    I'm sure a donation to the party you shall create will make sure I am awarded handsomely with patronage. :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'm sure a donation to the party you shall create will make sure I am awarded handsomely with patronage. :p

But of course. However, I would be appointing you on a skill basis.
    Plus the money will help the tank fund.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    But of course. However, I would be appointing you on a skill basis.
    Plus the money will help the tank fund.
    I'll loan the money to you, then - I'm willing to be your Minister for Propaganda.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'll loan the money to you, then - I'm willing to be your Minister for Propaganda.
    :chin: Hmm... I think we need a large poster campaign followed by severall TV announcements of Victories in various areas.

See to it! Plus a youth movement in schools. :D
    Tank fund? Ah, you mean the funds you use to get "tanked" on the weekend? lol.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :chin: Hmm... I think we need a large poster campaign followed by severall TV announcements of Victories in various areas.

See to it! Plus a youth movement in schools. :D
    My first pronouncement as propaganda minister is to change the spelling of the word "the" to "teh". From this moment forth, and because I, teh minister for propaganda and my boss says so, it will be true. The whole board of teh Plain English Campaign have now resigned and will be replaced by teh new group of advisers in Gerbil Speak.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    My first pronouncement as propaganda minister is to change the spelling of the word "the" to "teh". From this moment forth, and because I, teh minister for propaganda and my boss says so, it will be true. The whole board of teh Plain English Campaign have now resigned and will be replaced by teh new group of advisers in Gerbil Speak.
    :lol: Quite. Perhaps everyone must speak in interweb terminology now?
    And can we ban laughter and love?
    Tank fund? Ah, you mean the funds you use to get "tanked" on the weekend? lol.
    Oui. :D Getting tanked... in a tank.
    That may not be one of my better ideas.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol: Quite. Perhaps everyone must speak in interweb terminology now?
    And can we ban laughter and love?
    Surely we can't ban teh masses from having sex? :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Surely we can't ban teh masses from having sex? :p
    No just teh love.
    Worked for pol pot.. :p

Can we ban teh idiots from modify crap cars to look fast? I am sorry, your fiesta just am teh suck. Don't try to make it look fast, it never will be.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Can we ban teh idiots from modify crap cars to look fast? I am sorry, your fiesta just am teh suck. Don't try to make it look fast, it never will be.
    Enough of giving ideas to teh opposition... let's write up teh manifesto.
    Just a word to wise Gerb, one DU round beats a tank and everyone inside, so you might want to rethink how you spend your "fund".
    Just a word to wise Gerb, one DU round beats a tank and everyone inside, so you might want to rethink how you spend your "fund".

Fine.

Thats it. I am buying an Su-25.
    I agree with the revolution. Im a ghandi lover though, so non violent for me. Theere should be a march of millions and everyone converges on the houses of parliament without telling the police beforehand. What they going to do? Shoot the entire population?

This government needs to realise that it is a tool of the people, people are not tools of the government.
    people are not tools of the government.
    ask your mum to read you jack and the bean stalk next.

i haven't been this disilusioned since i was twelve.
    haven't been this angry.

if you walked in my office looking for a job and told me you had been an mp ...
    not only would you not get the job ...i'd probably be arrested.
    a couple of years back i turned a hosepipe on a plaid cymru woman ...

every aspect of western politics stinks like never before.
    who the frig do these [people think they are?
    so,do you think we can dig my "new age communism" idea out again,and take another look?
    a couple of years back i turned a hosepipe on a plaid cymru woman...
    That might be a good way to dissuade them next time I get one of their councillors asking for my vote...
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    so,do you think we can dig my "new age communism" idea out again,and take another look?
    you just know it aint going to happen.
    imagine all the people on this board getting together and taking over ...running the uk.
    it would be lucky to last a year.
    drugs and sex scandals ...stabbings.

these people come from bedsits or balconies ...they end up shoving us around ...owning us ..screwing us into the dirt.
    you just know it aint going to happen.
    imagine all the people on this board getting together and taking over ...running the uk.
    it would be lucky to last a year.
    drugs and sex scandals ...stabbings.

these people come from bedsits or balconies ...they end up shoving us around ...owning us ..screwing us into the dirt.
    i'm not so nieve as to think it can work surrounded by greed an oneupmanship.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i'm not so nieve as to think it can work surrounded by greed an oneupmanship.
    mismanagement of men by men seems ineviable ...like forever.

this time ...they might just have us by the bollox.
    mismanagement of men by men seems ineviable ...like forever.

this time ...they might just have us by the bollox.
    never! these arm chair revolutionaries are playing right in to my hands!..i intend to take the piss out of the system,as they do me!