Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sell your talent

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Celebrate creativity with TheSite.org in association with Vodafone :)

We’re looking for five talented young people to create works of art for an exciting exhibition called ‘Celebrating creativity’. The event will be hosted by Vodafone, in aid of YouthNet, on 22 May. To find the right artists for the job, we’re running the following competition:

Following the theme “What TheSite.org means to me”, entrants will need to submit a sketch demonstrating their creative flair. The sketch should give us an idea of the style of work you would create for the exhibition. You can submit this to us by post to: Vodafone Art Competition, TheSite.org, YouthNet UK, 3rd Floor, 2-3 Upper Street, London, N1 0PQ. Alternatively email helen@thesite.org with a scanned sketch, or simply post one in this thread. All entries must reach us by 20th April.

With the help of a professional artist, we’ll pick the best five entrants and give them a £50 voucher towards the cost of creating the final piece, as well as a chance to sell the artwork at the exhibition, and a free pay-as-you-go mobile.

The final pieces of artwork should be no bigger than A1 and we will arrange for a courier to collect it in good time for the event.

So get your skates on and good luck :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **Helen** wrote:
    young people

Age limits?
    Can i ask who the professional artist is out of interest?
    grr why does it have to be sketching, i hate drawing with pencils and shiz :(

Rolf Harris!!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Koe -That's ok - a small sample of work using any material will be fine. I meant sketch in the more general sense as in: a quick drawing or painting often made as a preliminary study.
    Age limits?

Yep you're fine. Would be cool if you enter - you aren't collecting your pension yet are you? :p
    can it be done using a computer tho? i really only do digital stuff. can be printed tho

It's not a major celebrity - someone who works for Vodafone who has invested a lot of time and energy into the arts over the years.
    koe_182 wrote:
    can it be done using a computer tho? i really only do digital stuff. can be printed tho

I'm afraid that for this competition the art work needs to be created using art materials as opposed to digital, printed work. This is because the submissions will sit within a wider exhibition which conforms to this genre of art.
    **Helen** wrote:
    It's not a major celebrity - someone who works for Vodafone who has invested a lot of time and energy into the arts over the years.

Thats cool, Im doing a BA Hons in Fine Art and was just wondering if it was anyone i knew
    **Helen** wrote:
    Yep you're fine. Would be cool if you enter - you aren't collecting your pension yet are you? :p

I think your just before me in that queue.

:p
    I think your just before me in that queue.

:p

You're pretty close eh :pSome of us ain't even in the queue yet ;)
    BritJames wrote:
    You're pretty close eh :pSome of us ain't even in the queue yet ;)

Easy. Kick an old man when he's down. What with my gammy hip and all.
    J wrote:
    I'm not as talented as I used to be, my expression isn't fluent enough :( I have a pay as you go mobile anyway.

Why not let us be the judge of that - I guess the experience is the main thing and the mobile is just an added bonus. C'mon give it a try :)
    Thats cool, Im doing a BA Hons in Fine Art and was just wondering if it was anyone i knew

me 2! wheredo u study at and what year you in?
    can u enter sculpture work or does it have to be 2D?
    Swansea Institute...first year. An i think it has to be 2d i dont know though
    Mia_16 wrote:
    me 2! wheredo u study at and what year you in?
    can u enter sculpture work or does it have to be 2D?

Yeah Foxxy's right - it does have to be 2D on this occasion.
    Just a question: can it be in any 2D artistic medium then? Not the preliminary, obviously, but the idea for the final piece.
    so theres a chance i could win if i think of something pretencious and modern arty like :hyper:
    Just a question: can it be in any 2D artistic medium then? Not the preliminary, obviously, but the idea for the final piece.

As long as you use art materials e.g paint, charcoal, oils, pastels, (is that what you mean?) - as I said before it can't be digital work but otherwise you can be as imaginative as you like :thumb:
    *Bumpity*
    i can make ppl smile frm a mile away and tht is funny
    Hi ya,
    Is anyone working on anything for this?
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hi ya,
    I might have something up my sleeve if I can be arsed to get my sketch book out.
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hi ya,

I've got an idea.. but i haven't started anything yet..