Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tacky

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a charmer - did he have a personalised number plate saying "LADEEZMAN" as well?
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    Sounds like a charmer - did he have a personalised number plate saying "LADEEZMAN" as well?

I would of thought it was a girl, one with a pink seat covers, fluffy pink steering wheel cover, an a playboy air freshener :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Those Tshirts saying 'Barbie is a Slut', 'Dip Me in Chocolate and Feed Me to Lesbians" and anything else along the lines of "Boys Suck" or "No Chance"...

They are just sad.
  • Options
    They are just sad.
    :yes:
  • Options
    It's not nasty, it's just sad and pathetic really.

Anyone who has a bumper sticker is a nobhead though. Especially those braindead cunts with baby on board stickers...
  • Options
    "How's my driving? Call 1-800-EAT-SHIT"
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Especially those braindead cunts with baby on board stickers...

Can I ask what's wrong with Baby on Board stickers/signs?
  • Options
    Can I ask what's wrong with Baby on Board stickers/signs?

Why would you drive any differently because there was a baby in the car?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's not nasty, it's just sad and pathetic really.

Anyone who has a bumper sticker is a nobhead though. Especially those braindead cunts with baby on board stickers...

I've seen a few 'babe on board' signs recently, tends to make me cringe. I have a George bush one that I find funny though (although its stuck on my wardrobe not my car). It has a cartoon picture of george bush and the writing "a village in Texas has lost its idiot" love it!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Why would you drive any differently because there was a baby in the car?

You wouldn't. Would it help others drive differently around you though? Not drive so far up your hoop for a start.
  • Options
    i have various signage in the back window of my car. nothing playboy though! :p

i've got a quiksilver sticker, a lucy1 sticker and an england flag. plus a little miss naughty nodding thing. :D
  • Options
    ive just got a K ROCK New York sticker which i won off the radio station one night when i was over in america, thats all.

I aint really a big fan of stickers, might take this one off soon tbh
  • Options
    I have a "give blood" sticker in the back window, thats all.

And I don't think thats tacky :no:
  • Options
    You wouldn't. Would it help others drive differently around you though? Not drive so far up your hoop for a start.

"I was going to ram the back of that guy's car but now I see there's a baby on board I think I'll go pick on someone else!"

I don't think a 'baby on board' sign would make any difference to how people around you would drive - but I've heard their real purpose is for emergency services to look out for a baby in case the car's totalled in a collision so I guess they're not totally useless.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    The other day I was driving to work and was stuck behind a car. It had playboy bunnies on the number plate, and a big sign saying: If I wanted you up my ass, I'd kiss you first.

Am I alone in finding that tacky and nasty? That sort of thing gives me such a bad first impression of a person.

Something tells me that the person in the car in front couldn't give a jar of monkey jizm about what kind of first impression they've given you.

How often do you think to yourself "Yikes! I hope I'm giving a good impression to the driver of that car behind me!!"?

If your answer is more than zero then YOU HAVE PROBLEMS :hyper:
  • Options
    A saw a sticker once that said "skanky" I must have missed when that became a compliment and something to be proud of.

Though *all* bumper stickers are tacky. Nobody reads/follows advice/cares of what they say and it just ruins the resale value of your car.
  • Options

Rubbish, do careless drivers really pay attention to them? No, of course not.

And the idea that they are there so emergency services can know to look for a kid is a bad joke too, do people take them out when there is no kid? No, they just leave them there.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I have a "give blood" sticker in the back window, thats all.

And I don't think thats tacky :no:

I don't think it's tacky either.
  • Options
    Playboy is very passé, I feel a bit embarassed for the person in question. :p
  • Options
    My sister is taking her driving test soon and shes already started ordering playboy stickers off ebay and stuff for her car, and pink fluffy playboy car mats and stuff...eww *cringes*

I have this pink thing that says 'queen of the road' and its like a bag that goes over your seat that you put things in like icescraper/sponge etc, its from Claires accessories and its well cooler :D
  • Options
    the only sticker like things i have in my car are those ones that you can re-use hundreds of times. Got a knowsley safari park one+a RSPB one
  • Options
    Banbury Canoe Club car sticker in ours, because we want everyone to know that we are canoeists (like the boats on the roof aren't a give away!) and from the very best canoe club everrrr.
  • Options
    Banbury Canoe Club car sticker in ours, because we want everyone to know that we are canoeists (like the boats on the roof aren't a give away!) and from the very best canoe club everrrr.

Do you get strapped in to a canoe?

It always bothers me, what if you get knocked unconscious (sp?) and can't do that flip thing?!

I couldn't stand having my legs fastened up like that! x
  • Options
    Nooo. Open cockpit racing boats all the way! I race on flat (placid) water not whitewater, and therefore don't need a closed cockpit boat. Actually even then you don't get strapped in, the only boat I've been strapped into (scary moment) was a closed cockpit C2 whitewater river racer, where you kneel down and there are straps around your calves.

Have a look at
    Reading Canoe Club website
    Banbury Canoe Club website
    my website for some pics and info :) [/shameless canoeing promotion!]
  • Options
    I have a warning sign saying "too many freaks"

Which sums up road users well.

I have no other car accessories other than a small sheep which has sentimental value :) hanging from the mirror
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:
    Something tells me that the person in the car in front couldn't give a jar of monkey jizm about what kind of first impression they've given you.

How often do you think to yourself "Yikes! I hope I'm giving a good impression to the driver of that car behind me!!"?

If your answer is more than zero then YOU HAVE PROBLEMS :hyper:

Yes I'm sure she doesn't care what people think of her. But first impressions are important, I mean surely people take their cars to job interviews/weddings/to pick up new boyfriends/all sorts of situations. And something like that sticker makes a lot of people think negatively straight away.