Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wembley 'not ready until 2007'

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/4863090.stm

You have to laugh, really... :rolleyes:

I should've put money on it not being ready for the 2007 FA Cup final when it was revealed the 2006 final would not be played there... I guess they will be taking no more bets now.

The Portuguese built 7 stadiums for the Euro 2004 tournament nice and on time for £300m. Nice to see it's costing more than twice to build just one here at a progress rate that would shame ancient Egyptians.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    This really is turning into another utter shambles. Really takes the piss.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's the Scottish Parliment building of English football. :D
    Fifa must be thanking their lucky stars they didn't choose England for the 2006 World Cup...
    Maybe the Portuguese construction workers weren't heading down to the bookies to place bets on the project not being completed on time, like our lot were! ;)
    Aladdin wrote:
    I can't be the only one who didn't see this coming, the FA have a terrible record on everything. Its not bad news for fans, the Millenium Stadium is cheaper, easier to get to and Cardiff is a top weekend away, been 7 times.

I don't really understand the fuss about Wembley, getting to and from it used to be an absoloute nightmare and the facilities were shit. I suppose they will have sorted that out in the new one ?

I think the only ones with any intrest in Wembley being completeted are cockney ingerlund fans who like watching mid week international friendlies in a half empty stadium.
    Well the Rugby Football League have been utterly shafted by this.

It'll be interesting to see where the Challenge Cup final will be held now.
    I think thats the one thats been held at Old Trafford the past few years, I don't follow rugby so I don't know for sure. Haven't they already sold 30000 tickets for that game? Its safe to say a lot of court hours are going to be spent on this.
    More money for Cardiff then ;)
    godscop wrote:
    I think thats the one thats been held at Old Trafford the past few years, I don't follow rugby so I don't know for sure.

Nah, that's the Super League final in October.
    Haven't they already sold 30000 tickets for that game? Its safe to say a lot of court hours are going to be spent on this.

They have, apparently they've managed to get hold of Twickenham now, but all league fans hate that place.

Cardiff has a concert on that day, so can't be used. A shame, because Cardiff is a great day out.

*sigh*

I expect the RFL will want compensation for their hassle.