Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bad first few dates?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok,if the first few dates aren't that great does it usually mean a nip in the bud for things? that's what i thought til some of my firends just kept dating guys they didn't have great first dates with...and now they're really happy and settled down with em'!! :chin:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    usually if a first date goes bad for me i generally call it a day there and then
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I guess it depends on what you mean by bad - sometimes our expectations can be too high, we can mis-judge someone, or it can take longer to get to really know someone than we think it might. Dates aside, have you ever fallen for someone who you never thought you would? or has your fondness for a close friend crept up on you? I guess it's a similar kind of thing. That's not to say that complete disasters don't happen though!

TheSite just happens to have an article on disappointing dates - check it out if you haven't already ;)
    It all depends, if it's just a "bad date" then i'd carry on. For example, we went to a bad restaurant or she ended up saying something stupid that might have offended me. A lot of things you can put down to nerves.

If however they had an obvious personality flaw, like that were really overreacting and shouting at a waitress for getting the order wrong I would probably call it a day.
    You'd really have to define "bad" a bit more, as other people have said.

There's "bad" that you'd be able to laugh about in the future, and there's "bad" that ends up in fistfights and people sleeping with a baseball bat beside their bed. :p