Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How embarassing...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I had a lecture this morning that started at half ten. I was meant to stay in there till 12pm but I felt really really unwell and thought I was going to be sick (I was drinking last night :rolleyes: ) and it was just really hot in there and gah, I had to get out.

Well anyways, it took me about 20 minutes to have to guts to stand up and walk out but I never noticed that before I did this that a few other people had walked out as the doors are at the back of the lecture theatre which was where I was sitting.

Well anyways, as soon as I bloody stood up and went to walk out the lecturer said in front of 300 students "why is everyone leaving?" and then this fuckin geek of a student said "why are you leaving such an important lecture"

Grrr, I didn't feel well. Would you rather I was throwing up in the lecture?!

Well anyways then I had problems opening the doors and gah. HOW EMBARASSING. I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me.

Over 300 students all turned around and looked at me. I thought I was going to be sick there and then.

Should I email the lecturer and apologise or should I just leave it? He seemed rather annoyed and he is my seminar tutor as well so its not like I can hide from him in future.

I'm just rather annoyed as he has never made a scene about people leaving the lecture yet they have been doing it since week one :mad:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    id email him and mention that you weren't the only one to leave+that people leave all the time, and that you were feeling very ill+did not appreciate him making a scene.
  • Options
    I can't really say that to him can I. How about this ...

"<lecturer's name>

Just a short email to apologise for leaving your lecture early today as I was feeling unwell. I felt it was better to leave quietly but wasn't aware that it would cause the reaction that it did! Sorry for interrupting your lecture.

<my name>"

I don't know whether to send one or not though. I don't wanna look like a geek but then again, I don't want him thinking that I was just being rude.
  • Options
    Sounds OK to me. Clears the air.
  • Options
    i think he'd appreciate it if you emailed him, as i bet none of the others who leave actually explain why to him.
  • Options
    He's been my seminar tutor all year and he still is. I just don't want him thinking I was being rude as at the end of the day, he gives me my marks for my seminars and he will most probably mark my exam this year. I didn't appreciate him doing that though today.He has never made a scene like that. I left quietly. You get people running out laughing sometimes with their mates.
  • Options
    I'd email him or if you are really bothered just have a quick word with him or something.
  • Options
    i dont understand why you dont tell him this, in a nice way of course?
  • Options
    I'm going to email him. My email doesn't come across as annoyed does it?
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I'm going to email him. My email doesn't come across as annoyed does it?

No, it doesnt. its just that if i were you, id say more. he's obviously bothered you+he has no right to make you feel like that, especially wen some students run out noisily!
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    He has never made a scene like that.

Straw. Camels back.

He probably never got any action last night and was fed up with women running out on him.

Send the Email. It's sounds fine and he'll appreciate the effort.
  • Options
    I can't really send a email though can I whinging to my lecturer about his behaviour in the lecture!
  • Options
    not nesseccarily whinging, just mention you werent the only one to leave? Your original email sounds fine tho+im sure he'd appreciate the effort made.
  • Options
    I think the mail you just wrote would be fine, it explains why you left and doesnt sound rude.
  • Options
    not nesseccarily whinging, just mention you werent the only one to leave? Your original email sounds fine tho+im sure he'd appreciate the effort made.

I personally think that if she included any of that it'd come off as she was making excuses. That usually doesn't go down too well and is uneccesary.

I think what you wrote sounded fine. I don't think it's much fun for lecturers to have kids walk out on them, and he was just feeling mildly frustrated because of it. Don't take it to heart, sometimes there are like 30 kids in lectures in my uni when there should be over 100.
  • Options
    Don't attack his behaviour, and don't mention that other people left too. You sound like you're whingeing.

Just send a short email to him saying that you were very sorry for leaving the lecture and disturbing his teaching, but that you felt very ill and you needed to leave.

He'll appreciate the effort, because it is normally very rude to walk out of someone's lesson.
  • Options
    send it :yes:

it sounds fine.