Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Little things that put you off people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
/

Comments

• Options
    no, you aren't shallow, but nostril hairs aren't as important as alot of other issues. Physical attraction is important, and nostril hair isnt the most appealing thing. However, maybe he doesnt want to pluck them as it'd hurt like a bitch!
  • Options
    no, you aren't shallow, but nostril hairs aren't as important as alot of other issues. Physical attraction is important, and nostril hair isnt the most appealing thing. However, maybe he doesnt want to pluck them as it'd hurt like a bitch!

But they/it (didn't examine closely enough to count!) were so long, he could just trim them!
  • Options
    Nostril hair would really put me off tbh, you want someone that takes care of themselves to a reasonable extent dont you?
  • Options
    Nostril hair would really put me off tbh, you want someone that takes care of themselves to a reasonable extent dont you?

Do you think I should leave an Innovations catalogue on his desk, strategically open on the page advertising a nostril hair trimmer?
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Do you think I should leave an Innovations catalogue on his desk, strategically open on the page advertising a nostril hair trimmer?

Personally that would sound more like an insult.

Why not just mention it casually when you're having a private conversation. Dont giggle or make him look like an idiot, keep a straight face and suggest an electric trimmer. Then move onto another topic.

If by the end of the week he still hasn't done anything about it, then its his decision to make.

I dont really understand how you can think you fancy someone, and then because of some small thing that he can easily fix, you change your mind. But I'm not dating, so I cant be too judgemental
  • Options
    haha i'm really picky so lots of things put me off. can't think of any at the mo though.
  • Options
    earwax :sour:
  • Options
    its a minor thing for me but bitten fingernails get my goat for some reason, but it wouldnt be a major decider for me.

im struggling to think of anything else really...apart from the obvious like women with adams apples hmmm
  • Options
    Nose hair's not a big deal, you can gain his trust and then tweezetweezetweeze (or use a trimmer, if you're kinder of heart).

The only thing that puts me off anyone is if they spit when they talk, it sounds a bit pathetic but I can't stand it. I asked for the news, not the weather. :(
  • Options
    I get put off when it looks like girls don't take care of themselves.

Bitten fingernails (or just bad ones that are flaky and have those white spots on them)
    Bad hair (greasy, dry or just a mess)
    Bad teeth
    Bad breath
    Bad BO
    Too much hair where it shouldn't be (obviously I don't find out until i'm in a relationship with them usually, but taking off someone's trousers and finding stubly legs is really not nice)
  • Options
    red_jelly wrote:
    Too much hair where it shouldn't be (obviously I don't find out until i'm in a relationship with them usually, but taking off someone's trousers and finding stubly legs is really not nice)

Its really hard to keep your legs stubble free at all times! :mad:
  • Options

Agreed, and there aren't enough hours in the day to keep yourself hair-free and immaculately turned out all the time.

Luckily my men have lower standards than that. :p
  • Options

I'm not talking silky smooth legs every hour of the day, i'm thinking more along the lines of seeing a week or mores worth of hair growth.
  • Options
    Bad breath/BO/creepy stalker tendencies/horrible teeth/long fingernails/groping bollocks every 3 seconds to make sure they're still there.
    Wow I'm shallow.
  • Options
    Bad breath/BO/creepy stalker tendencies/horrible teeth/long fingernails/groping bollocks every 3 seconds to make sure they're still there.
    Wow I'm shallow.

:yes: I'm just a shallow then....groping your bollocks every 3 is just wrong, I know its complicated down there guys or so my boyfriend says, but surely you don't need to play with them that much.
  • Options
    Smoking (huge turn off), hair where there shouldn't be any, fishing for compliments all the time (saying they're ugly/fat/stupid), a thong sticking out the top of their jeans, girls that aren't very girly (they don't need to dress in pink all the time, and spend all day doing their nails, but when they chew with their mouth open, sit with their legs apart and can down a pint of bitter then belch the alphabet, it's definitely a bit of a turn off), girls with a gob on them......I wonder why my friends say I'm picky. :chin:
  • Options
    Men with hair longer than an inch
    Bad breath and they refuse to take mints/gum when you offer
    bad teeth
    men with nails that go to the end of their fingers or longer
    greasy
    b/o
    women that marinate in their perfume one spray *is* enough
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Men with hair longer than an inch
    Oh, I forgot that one: Girls with short hair.
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot that one: Girls with short hair.

Oh ditto :thumb: Unless your on chemo or butch, theres just no reason.
  • Options
    Bad breath, greasy hair and BO. Bad personal hygiene about covers it!
  • Options
    being overweight or self-absorbed are my major turn-offs
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I thought I fancied this guy at work. Then yesterday he gave me a lift and sitting so close to him I noticed he had protruding black nostril hairs. It really put me off. How can he not notice them and pull them out?
    It's not good for you to pull your nostril hairs out, apparently. The hairs are there to prevent dust from getting into your lungs - without them, a lot more dust gets through. That's what my GP said years ago. Nothing wrong with trimming them, but pulling them out isn't recommended.
    Nothing wrong with a tiny bit of hair on a woman's legs - it's when they look like the Amazon forest I worry about it.

As for me, what puts me off? Hair that hasn't been cleaned in several months, coffee breath, (though I can be rather guilty of that one) and body odour.
  • Options
    dirt under the nails/

Oh that is so gross! And its so easy to fix too. :yuck:
  • Options
    gross toenails... those things can be fixed though.
    Not if they've gone yellow. :yuck:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Not if they've gone yellow. :yuck:
    All that requires is going to the store, at the most a trip to the dr. Easy as apple pie to fix.
  • Options
    I hate it when guys with beards or facial hair don't know when they've got crumbs stuck to their face, that really makes me icky.
    Bad table manners, dirty dry cracked hands and general bad hygiene.
    I hate it when people breathe with their mouth open, so that would seriously put me off a guy, oh and noisey eaters.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Bad personal hygiene about covers it!
    :yes:
    I hate it when guys with beards or facial hair don't know when they've got crumbs stuck to their face, that really makes me icky.
    This too :yes:
  • Options
    I am not shallow, but a woman with a cock always put me off for some reason...
  • Options
    I am not shallow, but a woman with a cock always put me off for some reason...
    yeah but I got it removed - you can hardly see the scars anymore.
    you promised youd stop mentioning it.
  • Options
    047b4a55.jpg