Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Transmission of STDs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since I went on the pill I've been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend, but either he's been pulling out or putting a condom on for the big event.

He's not happy with cumming inside me because of the risk of STDs, however I'm fairly sure that a lot of them are caught via contact with the penis in the first place or will also be contained in precum, i.e. both can be caught without him having to cum.

Anybody know for certain? I'm 99% sure I'm clear, although I think we should both get tested for peace of mind, and I think we'd both prefer to be able to forgo the condoms, but I don't want to push him into it as he obviously isn't comfy with that.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He should still wear a condom until you get tested, because you can get them without him actually cumming.
    Keep using condoms until you've BOTH been tested. Only when you both have the all-clear is it completely safe.
    I think you need to know this. As soon as the guys man bits enter your woman bits, there is risk of STI.

So if you give him a blow job without a condom, you could get an infection, when ever you have any sort of penetrative sex, whether he ejactualates inside you or out, there is risk of STI.
    Any exchange of bodily fluids carries a risk.

Wear condoms all the time until your both tested.

You can still get things like Herpes, Pubic Lice and other nicities just from rubbing against each other.
    It's not even the exchange of fluids, some STIs are transferred by skin touching skin. Herpes is one of them.

But yes, just him being inside you is enough to give you an STI if he is carrying one. Pre-cum will carry STIs if he has an STI.

It's also useful to remember than STIs can be transferred through unprotected oral sex, in particular herpes and gonorrhea.

Probably best to get yourselves tested.