Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Brugge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone ever been ? I'm going in a couple of weeks and need to find cheap places to stay and cheap nice places to go and have fun. Whether that be cultural stuff or boozing ! Think may visit a few place near by as well, may even drive up to amsterdam..... any advice would be appreciated !

:angel:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    www.hostelworld.com is usually my first port of call for somewhere cheap to stay when im off around the world.
  • Options
    cool i'll give that a go - :D thanks
  • Options
    Quality place. Can't remember where I stayed or indeed what I did. But all I remember was that I had fun.
  • Options
    if you can't remember it then it must have been good. Think it sounds like the place for me ! :yes:
  • Options
    If you get the chance to go to Ghent then take it, it's just fantastic...especially if you're after a bit of sightseeing/culture. Various churches, the castle, museums. Lots of restaurants, cafes, wee bars etc too. If you go, get yourself along to St. Michael's bridge and you get a gorgeous view of all the "towers" at once, which is lovely. Considerably cheaper than Brugge, too.

As for Brugge itself, we stayed in the Bauhaus Hostel which is very central, really nice and friendly and....importantly, cheap.

Have fun, I'm sure you will. :D
  • Options
    sounds brilliant. thanks for recomendation on hostel, i've had a look and it looks like just the sort of thing ! Like the sound of the wee bars too !

:)