Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Confused

Hey all,

Started getting a bit friendly with a girl at my uni, and she was all over me the other night, then suddenly went cold for no reason, and hasn't texted back when I asked what was up.

Please tell me girls, is this the usual behaviour, if there is no reasonable explanation such as she hasn't been able to call/txt back yet. Fucked if I know whether I've done anything wrong, so just wanted to know whether suddenly ignoring someone was a typical course of action, and if so, what could be a possible reason for this?

Probably just worrying for no reason, but I do quite like her, so its getting me wound up ;)

Thanks all!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Swish, well, I really wouldn't know what happened to her, and none can guess I expect. I think all you can do is wait for her to answer. If she doesn't then ask her again, (though in a more personal way than texting).. If she continues to ignore you then leave it, there's nothing to do about it.

I don't know if this is 'typical' girl behaviour or not, but it sounds like she got scared or changed her mind. She shouldn't treat you like that though, whatever the reasons, she sounds like she's cowarding out from you.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ^ :yes: I think Bluewisdom has hit the nail on the head - unfortunately I can't say that this is unusual behaviour - but that doesn't mean that it is acceptable.

University can be an experimental time for young women and men alike and I guess people have different standards for whether pulling someone means that they would like to pursue a relationship with that person or that they are just having a bit of fun. it doesn't sound like you were 'out on a date' in the typical sense of the phrase - but you might find it helpful to read TheSite's article on following up a date as it talks about taking that brave next step to find out where you stand.

I hope things work out for you ;)