Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Iran's nuclear program............

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The Americans are having trouble recruiting enough soldiers to keep the army numbers up as it is, so there's little chance of them launching any invasion of Iran.

Good thing too - they milked 9/11 enough for the world to allow them to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, but the appeasement has got to stop there.
  • Options
    Nuclear weapons are a good thing all round.

Isn't it funny that once the leaders of the various empires came under direct threat, they stopped lining up each others citizens against each other every 20 years or so, and started to pick on other random groups of people who couldn't fight back?

Now if everyone had them then the wankers who want to rule us all would have to stop and go do something rpoductive.
  • Options
    Is it in our interests for them to have nukes?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I just read the title as "Iran's Nuclear Pogrom"...

Anyway. Is it in OUR interest? Nope. We can't exploit their resources if they do. Is it in IRANS interest? Most certainly.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Anyway. Is it in OUR interest? Nope. We can't exploit their resources if they do. Is it in IRANS interest? Most certainly.

exactly people need to realise we dont have the right to bully anyone we feel like willy nilly just to suit ourselves
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Anyway. Is it in OUR interest? Nope.

Fuck them, then.

Gav, we may not have the right, but we do have nukes.
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    exactly people need to realise we dont have the right to bully anyone we feel like willy nilly just to suit ourselves
    it's not about rights ...it's about power.
    if you want to keep your very comfortable lifestyle ...you'll want to stay top dog.
    but all great powers crumble and fall ...and the thinking of some you ...is what will lead to your poverty.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Fuck them, then.

Gav, we may not have the right, but we do have nukes.

What right do you have to say "Fuck them?"

May I Remind you, silly sod, that they DEFEATED the worlds THIRD LARGEST ARMY (Behind the Chinese and the US respectivley), whilst it was BACKED AND HELPED by the USA itself?

So if the USA, teamed up with Iraq, cannot defeat the Iranian Armed forces, which at that time for far more poorley equiped and trained than it is now... think what any intervention today would end up like.

There is shit all we can do. Especialyl when we have our forces occupying two big fat messes as it is.
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    let me get this clear,do you think iran should have nuclear capability?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    What right do you have to say "Fuck them?"

None.

But I really couldn't care whether I have the right or not.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    let me get this clear,do you think iran should have nuclear capability?
    No I dont thank anyone should have nuclear capability but just because we do have it i dont think it gives us the right to boss other countries around to suit ourselves.

At the end of the day we are all People, those that say screw the whole middle east are more similar to Al Qeda with thier atitude of screw the whole west then thery would care to realise

f you want to keep your very comfortable lifestyle ...you'll want to stay top dog.
    So what your saying is it is ok to make live a living hell for innocent civilians in a different country so you can live comfortably?
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:

So what your saying is it is ok to make live a living hell for innocent civilians in a different country so you can live comfortably?
    no ...i'm saying thats how it is ...and thats how you got to be so comfortable.
  • Options
    no ...i'm saying thats how it is ...and thats how you got to be so comfortable.

I'm not denying that, but it does not mean I have to agree with how it is done!
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:

Of course not.

But let's stay comfortable.
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    or agree that we allow those who hate us to have nukes ...

whether you like it or not ...oil is your life.
    oil is also their only real income.
    meaning ...things could have been done so differently.
    but allowing iran to have nukes is insanity.
    there are oindividuals willing ...wanting to die in the hope our civilisation collapses ...some of those who think like this may well be in power.

history is full of people who made bad decisions ...mistakes ...had murderous intent ...and now we can add death wish to the list.
    we should be campaigning for all nukes to be gotten rid of ...not finding flimsy and emotional excuses for more.
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    no you don't,but do realise that you sit here in comfort and are able to post these beliefs