Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

back in 1982...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
can anyone remember a song that stuck out for you that really makes you think of the falklands war?

i think the majority of people here won't have been alive, but i thought i'd give it a shot.

i need a song for the beginning of a drama piece thats all about 3 kids living in the falklands during the war.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i wasnt born till 83 but here is a list of songs that year, some great ones to choose from.

http://www.onmc.iinet.net.au/top/1982.htm
  • Options
    http://www.pure80spop.co.uk/chart1982jan-june.htm

Id say maybe: A town called malice, centrefold, the look of love, come on eileen, do you really want to hurt me,

theres loads of good ones there I remember, but nothing really sums up 1982 particularly. I was only 6 and a lot of those songs kind of hung around for ages. Someone in their late 30s would probably have a better idea.
  • Options
    What about something from the U2 album War. It was released in 83.
  • Options
    J Geils Band - Centerfold is an amazing song, but not very dramatic!
  • Options
    Madness - House of Fun or The Jam - Town Called Malice
  • Options
    bob marley died in 82
  • Options
    were you dancing to electric punk like a robot, or was that 1984
  • Options
    Does it NEED to be a tune from 1982? You could always use some guitar from Dire Straits (Brothers in Arms being an obvious choice).

Not sure I'd use something with words or lyrics as this could distract from the visual impact you are trying to get. Good music is in the background and enhances the piece without taking anything away.

So I would choose something guitary. And there are loads of great guitar pieces out there to choose from. And I wouldn't limit yourself to the 80's. Cause let's be honest. It wasn't the best decade. :no: