Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Golf

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Any golfers here?

I've wanted to start playing for ages, but do I need my own clubs? Can you hire them...or use someone else's (I wondered about this because I'm not sure if they're specially sized or owt)?

Also, is it better to go to/join a golf club, or just knock a few around on the driving range. I get the feeling I might be a bit out of place at a lot of Golf Clubs, not that I really care.. :thumb:

Give me some info! Please. :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you fancy playing a-round?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I love golf, worked as a greenkeeper for a number of years.

Find yourself a decent par3 9 hole and you can hire some clubs or borrow them - doesn't really matter until you get serious.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    maybe pitch and putt might be a good start? then move on to a 9 holer, should be plenty around theres like 4 within driving distance of burnley, and this is a small place. i'd just borrow clubs to begin with, can be kind of steep learning curve so i'd make sure you enjoy it before splashing out on clubs.
  • Options
    You can hire clubs from quite a lot of courses nowadays. I would recommend trying to hit a few from the driving range first before you tear up a course.

And if you've got £15 and half and hour I would highly recommend a starter lesson with a pro. They'll sort out your stance and grip from the start which should see you off to a good start.

But beware. It's the most frustrating, addictive sport in the world. You play a blinder one week and next time you want to beat your score you play a stinker. :mad: