Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Call of Duty PC

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Up until now ive not really played too many of the newer PC FPS, it was all really due to me only having an in built graphics card which was of no use. So i went out and got a Gefore Fx 5500 256Mb AGP graphics card and now im realising what i was missing.

Ive got call of duty on the X-box but its not until you play it on the PC that you realise how bad console gamers get it.

Any other COD fans out there? Also is the second one any good?

Comments

• Options
    Second one's great, though not as impressive as the first since the story doesn't build through the war as well.

The console version were awful though - that's what you get for outsourcing I guess.
  • Options
    You probably should have considered a 6600GT AGP card as it will hold out for abit longer, as the 5 series cards are pretty old now.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    You probably should have considered a 6600GT AGP card as it will hold out for abit longer, as the 5 series cards are pretty old now.

The card i got was £40 which was in my price range, i mainly got it for N64 emulation anyway. The whole texture modding thing that is available now ment that i needed a GFX card and it seemed decent enough. Plus its running Call of duty great so it should be ok for now anyway :cool:
  • Options
    Whoops, wrong thread.
  • Options
    Don't talk about about graphics cards; mine has its own fan, cost a few hundred - has pictures on the SIDE, not just the top and is big enough to beat a seagull to death with - though it does mean I kick arse online with Call of Duty 2
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Don't talk about about graphics cards; mine has its own fan, cost a few hundred - has pictures on the SIDE, not just the top and is big enough to beat a seagull to death with - though it does mean I kick arse online with Call of Duty 2

git :crying:
  • Options
    Yep, i play both versions, not anymore though because my laptop won't run them (and i do try and keep it strictly for uni work i guess).

It's the only game i've been interested in since the era of Tribes 1 circa 1999 ;)

If anyone fancies a few rounds sometime that'd be cool.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    git :crying:
    Seconded :p

*Goes to find a copy of COD2*