Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

short/mid-length hair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've grown my hair a little recently (it's not exactly long.. not shoulder length or anything... but i wouldnt call it short). It's getting a little harder to manage if i style it, like if its windy it just gets screwed up lol :/

i'd rather not put tons and tons of wax in it,so are there any products ppl use to keep their hair in-line when its a little longer/thicker? hair-spray or something? =\ i really dont know.

thx for any replies

Comments

• Options
    My hair is like yours (I guess), longish hair i.e. sorta indie/rock length and I have the same problem when the wind picks up. To be honest I hate strong wind like that, but it ain't a big deal as it kinda looks good whatever its in, as that style isn't really chior boy perfection if you get my meaning.
  • Options
    TomUk wrote:
    My hair is like yours (I guess), longish hair i.e. sorta indie/rock length and I have the same problem when the wind picks up. To be honest I hate strong wind like that, but it ain't a big deal as it kinda looks good whatever its in, as that style isn't really chior boy perfection if you get my meaning.

yeh the wind pisses me off too! :D I know what you mean it isn't really going for perfection, but it'd be nice to keep a rough kind of shape in the way you styled it
  • Options
    Do you blow dry it/straighten it?
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Do you blow dry it/straighten it?

at uni, no i don't...

at home i sometimes blowdry it, but don't straighten (though i have considered :blush: ..will have to stop giving a m8 who straightens his hair any stick ;p). My hair is kind of naturally straight but obviously not 100%, so straightening would make a difference..
  • Options
    Hmm. I recommend wella tuff stuff gel, though you're s'posed to put in your hair when wet and then style it so it'd probably work better if you blow dryed it but it's quality stuff. (i'll try and find you a link..)

Other than that just a light hair spray might do the trick.
  • Options
    i'll look into it, thx for the advice :)

I am willing to straighten it tbh, if you think it'll do any good... (i take it you style it after straightening right? :x)
  • Options
    Yes, generally. But some products you'd put in before and some after.

I wouldn't say you'd need straighteners.. but it might be easier to style if it's blow dried.

I also hope you're looking after it and getting it trimmed every few weeks. :p
  • Options
    trimmed? : o errr yes... :(

i will have to get that done this week :D