Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any tips for getting rid of red spots quickly?

A huge red spot has emerged on my face due to stress lately.

It needs to be gone by Monday! :crazyeyes

Any tips of getting rid of it quickly?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    toothpaste -.o

it works for me
    yep a little bit of toothpaste before you go to bed and in the morning, but check that it has not left a white mark before you go out, if it has just rise off.
    surgical spirit. You can get little bottles of it from superdrug or boots for under a quid. It dries spots out almost overnight usually for me or a couple of days max if its a big one. Its pretty harsh on the skin though so dont use it all the time but for an emergency its fabulous. Just dab it on with cotton wool as often as you like.
    Ahhhh thanks guys. I think I shall buy a bottle of this tomorrow when I'm in town. I will use the toothpaste trick overnight although when I've done it before it hasn't really worked. I have to get rid of this for Monday! Gah. I always come out in spots when I'm stressed.
    Dont bother with the toothpaste, i did that and it dried my skin out and i ended up with a huge red scaly peeling patch which looked worse than the original spot
    Use a cream/gel with 2% salaic (whatever) acid during the day and at bed (when nobody is around :p put an antibiotic cream on it and cover it with a bandaid.
    Don't pick/pop at it and risk a scabbing though.
    Blah wrote:
    Dont bother with the toothpaste, i did that and it dried my skin out and i ended up with a huge red scaly peeling patch which looked worse than the original spot
    This happened to me too. just leave it be or pop it. always seem to go within a day or two for me and thats all i do...
    Well I've taken a risk. I've put toothpaste on my face *giggles* We'll see if it goes down eh?

If not, I'm going to buy some surgical spirit tomorrow.
    I'd pop it, but that's just me (and I'm a bad example). :p

Perfume (or yes, any alcohol-based product) will dry it out and I've done that before with fair success. Fair warning, it stings like a bitch.

I'd also recommend a product Boots and a lot of other folks do...Boots' used to be called ACT spot reducing agent or similar, but Tesco do an own brand too iirc. It's this gel that you plop on the offending spot (overnight is best, I reckon) and it's decent, though I haven't used it for a while. Hope it still exists!
    briggi wrote:
    I'd pop it, but that's just me (and I'm a bad example). :p

Is it just me or does anyone else have a weird fascination with popping spots?

Sounds disgusting but the satisfaction you get from it :yippe:
    ButtonMoon wrote:

arghghhgh. My mother. :impissed: And since she doesn't have any of her own she tends to try and attack mine.. :p
    ButtonMoon wrote:

If popping spots is weird then I wouldn't want to be normal. ;)

I'm a menace if someone's got a big shiny spot that's ripe for a squeezing, I must make so many people feel like shit...I just can't tear my eyes away..
    briggi wrote:
    If popping spots is weird then I wouldn't want to be normal. ;)

I'm a menace if someone's got a big shiny spot that's ripe for a squeezing, I must make so many people feel like shit...I just can't tear my eyes away..
    people like you make me sad
    I can't pop it. Its one of those red ones.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i like popping spots too...unless it hurts. that makes me sad!
    but if its just a red one, how about leaving it to go down? because its only wednesday.
    Because I'm panicking. Its really important that on Monday I look my best!

I'm stressing its still gonna be there, lol. I know I'm silly stressing about it because I'm making it worse but arghhh.

Its huge!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Because I'm panicking. Its really important that on Monday I look my best!

I'm stressing its still gonna be there, lol. I know I'm silly stressing about it because I'm making it worse but arghhh.

Its huge!
    nah its unlikely it will still be there, just drink loads of water, and dont touch it, and try not to wear much make up
    I don't wear foundation so not wearing too much makeup shouldn't be a problem.

I went the gym this morning and it almost doubled in size. That irritated me.
    there are still 5 days til monday so it should definitely have gone down a lot even if it hasnt disappeared completely- im sure it'll be fine!!
    I never squeeze my spots :angel:

But Coldsores.....
    popping spots is the best fun, blackheads are even better.

i squeeze my dads blackheads for him after he's had a shave.

it's like..monkeys grooming each other, except i don't eat what i dig out =P
    Dab tea tree oil on it. Its amazing.
    You people are foul. Popping spots. Urgh. :eek2: :yuck:

Boots do an overnight gel with tea tree and witchhazel in, which is very good. Also the body shop do a mini handbag sized blemish stick with tea tree in it, also very good, but the best so far has been Clean and Clear - they do a mini tube of spot gel too which I'm atm using on one rather stubborn blighter on my forehead and it seems to be working.

Would NEVER dream of popping spots though, that's not only rough but leaves scars, which imo are worse than the occassional spot. :confused:

Ilora x
    made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Ah that is the best phrase ever. Ever. You rock.
    don't stress about having a spot or you'll get more.

and i'm sure whoever you're seeing won't mind if you have a little spot on your forehead.
    I hate those big red spots i always get them on my chin :(

But yeah white heads deff pop them :thumb: Who wants a puss filled pore on their face ;p
    I hate the spots I get around my jaw. I think they are called papules. Really hard under the skin spots. Quite sore.
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I think they are called papules.

Aye, that'll be right. It's the pustules that are spot-squeezer heaven. :p
    don't stress about having a spot or you'll get more.

and i'm sure whoever you're seeing won't mind if you have a little spot on your forehead.
    Its not on my forehead, its in the middle of my face :p

I've bought some quick clear treatment gel by clearasil so hopefully that will make it dissappear! lol
    ooh ooh me me, i squeeze spots. I squeeze my own, and i squeeze my boyfriends and he squeezes mine that I cant reach. Its fun and its bonding. Its like chimpanzees in the zoo, grooming each other I think.
This discussion has been closed.