Looking for support for self harm? This community is a safe space to talk with others who have similar experiences, whilst you may also want to check out our content which has lots of information on things you can do to help your recovery.
Head over to this thread to submit a song for our February 'Love' playlist that we'll be putting on Spotify!

Getting a 2:2, is it even worth it?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    minimi38 wrote:
    If they grade your degree by preponderance
    whats that?
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Boards Champion
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I got a 2:1, I would have been gutted if I got a 2:2. I suppose it depends on your personal goals and what you want to get into. I wanted to get into journalism which is competitive, most of the applicants would have 2:1s or 1sts, and as I went to an ex poly I felt I had to prove myself.

I got onto a newspaper training scheme, there were 10 on the course. 9 of us had 2:1s or 1sts, the only one who had a 2:2 was the owner's son
    :rolleyes:

I can totally identify with this but at the same time I know people who have got onto journalism training courses with 2:2s and they weren't the owner's offspring. They've now been offered work with National papers. - I agree with what Kathryn said - it's the confidence and direction thing.