Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what harm do illegal immigrants do to us

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    yes but how much of th eland mass isn unusuable or would require bulldozing the countryside?

But large chunks of its arent 'countryside' at all, its working farms, agri-business and not very good business either.

We're going to have to do something with unproductive farm land when farmers realise that farming largely doesnt pay in the UK. Why not use some of it for towns?

And more pressingly why not use the large amount of empty houses or brown field sites?
  • Options
    Japan has well over 100 million people and when you're talking about actual usable land, it's probably smaller than the U.K.
  • Options
    But Japan build up into big metropolises. And moves for that have here have been resisted. Japan is also bigger then the UK, its not all mountains.

And as rubish as farming is at the moment, I doubt they would take to kindly to be told to fuck off their land so we can make more towns. There have already been points of contention over that.

I do agree with using the empty houses though.
  • Options
    Your not seriously suggesting that 92.5% of the land is unusable?

Farming is around 3% of the land. The rest of it is for the nobility to play golf on.
  • Options
    92.5% is unused land???

Your sure??

I doubt that sumowhow.
    And how much of that land is ben nevies and such like? The far up moors, moutnains, waste dumps, industry land etc etc.

Its not all golf courses.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    London has over a million people in it. The only reason our cities reach not much more then million is because of our size!
    London has 7.5 million people in it.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    And as rubish as farming is at the moment, I doubt they would take to kindly to be told to fuck off their land so we can make more towns. There have already been points of contention over that.

I wasn't suggesting that we kick farmers off their land, but more and more are going to go bust or sell up so there is going to be more land about to use for building.

But anyway, thats straying from the point, you still havent explained how you would 'control' immigration and illegal immigration.
  • Options
    I did, further up.

7.5 million eh?? thats just in one city, the largest city the country has and its nothing comapred to other cities round the world. If London only manages that amount then imagien the rest of the country.
  • Options
    You must have missed the link I posted -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1841953105/ref=pd_bxgy_text_2_cp/203-7690375-5179153

The reviews there list some of the stats.

60 million of us are crammed into only 7.5% of the land mass.

1% of the population own 70% of the land

Agriculture only amounts to 3% of the UK

the UK is still being ruled as if it is still in the Middles ages
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I did, further up.

7.5 million eh?? thats just in one city, the largest city the country has and its nothing comapred to other cities round the world. If London only manages that amount then imagien the rest of the country.
    Number 19 in the world. And since most of the other cities are in developing countries like Brazil and India, it's actually quite a large number. In fact, only Moscow, New York, Tokyo, Seoul and Istanbul are bigger in the 'developed' countries (Do China and India count as developed? If so, add another 3 to the list).
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    London has over a million people in it.

Well, just over 7 million actually ...
    Walkindude wrote:
    America can have a population of 350 million

If by America you mean the US, then it's around 298 million ...

Yes - I know I am not contributing to any debate ... just a fountain of useless knowledge. :)
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Well actually, a population that is not on an increasing growth rate is seen as the developed 1st world country and a thing to aim for. Ones that are dying at increaed rates and flip side, birthing ar increased rates are the less well off countries. Keeping stable is the key apperently.

According to whom?

And the fact that there are more and more pensioners per worker, thats the thing to aim for too?
  • Options
    according the international judging standards of countries.

no its not an aim but that whole pensihions crises is the systems fault anyway so.

only 298million for the USA? Wow, swear it was more.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    according the international judging standards of countries.

no its not an aim but that whole pensihions crises is the systems fault anyway so.

What international judging? By whom? When?

The systems fault? How?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

And yes there are bongbadda, and its more then 35 a wek. JSA is at least over £45 a week now, plus housing benefit or even free houses and flats in some cases, get your council tax paid, help with biills, even free cars in same cases.

Yes and they eat our swans.

Idiot. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    London has over a million people in it. .

try 7.5 million and you'd be nearer the mark
  • Options
    I thinkt hat has already been said several times on th thread, and I agreed.
  • Options
    coz the left a massive shortfall for future pensions and now we are having or will have to subsides the future pensioners.

also they had no controls on private comapny pensions, the ones where you pay in2 a pension, then they go and invest it, lose all your money and you get nothing at the end of it.

that practice should be made illegal in my opinion.

umm, the UN? Nato? WTO? I just know its the international standard.

Growing populations out of control is bad, populations dying at increased bad, stable balance = good
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Growing populations out of control is bad, populations dying at increased bad, stable balance = good
    That's why immigration is so great and important for this country.

Without immigrants, even those some describe as 'illegal', Britain would be fucked.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    coz the left a massive shortfall for future pensions and now we are having or will have to subsides the future pensioners.

also they had no controls on private comapny pensions, the ones where you pay in2 a pension, then they go and invest it, lose all your money and you get nothing at the end of it.

that practice should be made illegal in my opinion.

umm, the UN? Nato? WTO? I just know its the international standard.

What practice? Investing pension funds in the stock market? That would be every pension fund made illegal then.

Again, you arent exactly all that credible, someone who may or may not be international, judging something by some standards you dont know.

I haven't the faintest idea what you mean by the last line, it just seems like random words put together.
  • Options
    The state pension isn't gambled on the stcok market is it?

Its not every pension, its those that put money on the stock market with no permission given and then lost. Also there should be safegauard sfor those that pay into pensions and then the company loots the pension funds as they are in dire straigts and then workers don't get any money as the firm has gone bust.

I was explaining what it means.

Look, if you really wanna know, read uup on it. I had to. Now I don't and I am at work an so specifics don't come readinly to mind.

I just knwo the countries are judgeed on many things including populations and ever increasing ones and ever dying ons are seen as not the top flight as it were.
  • Options
    Private pensions are invested with permission of those putting money in. The value of your investment may go down as well as up, after all.

You know what could happen before you sign up to a private pension.

You're right, there should be safeguards to protect those who pay into final salary pension schemes. But if a company goes bust the it goes bust. The problem is that if one company purchases another, it doesn't have to take on the pensions liability. Many don't.
  • Options
    indeed, soemthign needs to be done about that.

I though there were reports that compnaies had done the stock market thng without the stakers permission? Obviously if they do then thats the risk you take so yeah nothing wrong with that.

Personally I think the government needs to stepp in when thes epoepl have paid into the pnesion all their life and then w on't get any of their money back just coz the company fucked up.
  • Options
    Why should the government replace money placed at risk? The stakeholder takes the risk that their company might not exist in 30 years. Most workplace pensions are invested through one of the private providers anyway.

Private pensions are invested on the stock market. That's how the necessary returns are made. You pays your money, you takes your choice. Standard Life showed that its foolish to only have one basket of eggs.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Personally I think the government needs to stepp in when thes epoepl have paid into the pnesion all their life and then w on't get any of their money back just coz the company fucked up.

On that basis the government should keep paying their wages when the company goes bust too.
  • Options
    You oay your money in to get a pension at the end. A signed contract. Then the comapny doesn't pay up coz they squandered your money. Is that fair?

WHo else can step in to save that poor person's money? Not any millionaires I'll tell you.
  • Options
    And again we come round to the concept of money, as in where is it going to come from?

Blagsta wants to mug half of London's 'fat cats' and Aladdin wants to stretch the 50% tax bracket to cover everything.
  • Options
    And again we come round to the concept of money, as in where is it going to come from?

It doesn't need to come from anywhere.

All that needs to happen is that the government monopoly on currency production is removed. Simple.

The main reason why pensions have to be had in the first place is inflation, and inflation can only happen if you only have one money supply. It's the most insidious tax of all.
  • Options
    then make the use of pension money, the money paid in by workers for the pension at the end, make that untouchable to the company.

it must be forzen and not touched by the comapny no matter what the circumstance and shoudl only be used for pensions.
  • Options
    What the fuck happened to this thread since yesterday?