Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best Comedian

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cain wrote:
    Henry Rollins.
    Henry Rollins does stand up comedy?!
    Rich-E wrote:
    Henry Rollins does stand up comedy?!
    My thoughts also. He may have a quirk now and again, but hardly a comedian :confused:
    I included him for his Think Tank CDs and shows he did. Not a stand up as his main career, but I doubt he did these for free.
    Jim V wrote:
    Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor and of the living probably Ricky Grover for insane effort and Johnny Vegas for his ability to completely divide an audience
    I saw Ricky Grover during fresher's week, I thought he was quite odd. My favourite stand up is Bill Bailey. I also love things like 'Mock the Week', where you get loads of comedians together all working off each other.
    ben elton was one of the funniest stand ups ever imo.black adder was his greatest achievement though.
    Always loved Billy Connelly.
    JACK DEE, JACK DEE, JACK DEE

oh did i mention, JACK DEE
    MrG wrote:
    JACK DEE, JACK DEE, JACK DEE

oh did i mention, JACK DEE
    Sorry, who?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    My favourite stand up is Bill Bailey. I also love things like 'Mock the Week', where you get loads of comedians together all working off each other.

:yes: Billy Bailey is hilarious - I also really like Marcus Brigstock
    solid_L wrote:
    Ah gotta love cockneys :banghead: , the world evolves around london! :rolleyes:

I think you may mean 'revolves' and yes, I suppose it does given there's very little of merit outside London.
    Billy Connelly, Jack Dee, Robin Williams, Lee Evans, Jimmy Carr.

plenty of others I'd watch to.
    bongbudda wrote:
    there's very little of merit outside London.
    There's English people, for a start. :p
    Turns out Im going to see Omid Djalili in London today
    I had the misfortune of seeing that Omid Djalili on Davina McCall's unfortunate chat show - to say I cringed doesn't even begin to cover it.

My faves have mostly been said: Bill Hicks, Billy Connolly, Ross Noble, Bill Bailey. I also just love Jo Brand and Victoria Wood.
    jimmy carr/bill bailey
    Infinite wrote:
    That's Omid Djalili. And he was spectacular at Comic Aid.

Thats him, totally agree
    There's English people, for a start. :p

No, there's northern monkeys and wierd west country yolkels.
    bongbudda wrote:
    No, there's northern monkeys and wierd west country yolkels.

:yes: I've been outside of London ... its like 28 days later. Mindles zombies ravaging the country. So uncivilised.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    :yes: I've been outside of London ... its like 28 days later. Mindles zombies ravaging the country. So uncivilised.

You know, I was down in the West Country recently and I met someone who didnt know what a jus was. How can you deal with people like that?!
    bongbudda wrote:
    You know, I was down in the West Country recently and I met someone who didnt know what a jus was. How can you deal with people like that?!

Back of your hand, sir. You deal with them with the back of your hand.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Back of your hand, sir. You deal with them with the back of your hand.

Not even that’s effective these days, the insolence is growing, so I’ve moved to the horse whip, that gets them going nicely.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Not even that’s effective these days, the insolence is growing, so I’ve moved to the horse whip, that gets them going nicely.

Yes but the stable master does moan so when I bring it back covered in blood. Its so hard to find the staff.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Yes but the stable master does moan so when I bring it back covered in blood. Its so hard to find the staff.

It is, which is why I've virtually given up on native staff, they have clear ideas above their position (which is under my feet). You can get good people from Eastern Europe these days and if you then take their passport its easier to, motivate them.
    bongbudda wrote:
    It is, which is why I've virtually given up on native staff, they have clear ideas above their position (which is under my feet). You can get good people from Eastern Europe these days and if you then take their passport its easier to, motivate them.

Ah I had a bad experience. Charming little family. Not too bright though. I may have gone a little over the top in my chastisement. Bodies were found. Questions asked. It was terribly embarassing.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Ah I had a bad experience. Charming little family. Not too bright though. I may have gone a little over the top in my chastisement. Bodies were found. Questions asked. It was terribly embarassing.

Two words - quick lime. Its the professionals choice, they may ask questions but they'll never know.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Two words - quick lime. Its the professionals choice, they may ask questions but they'll never know.

Four words - golf with Justice Smythe. He's a smashing chap. Awfully accomodating. Poor short game though. Damned bunkers.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Four words - golf with Justice Smythe. He's a smashing chap. Awfully accomodating. Poor short game though. Damned bunkers.

Well quite, it always pays to golf with those who can help you avoid little annoyances, trials, worker rights, rape allegations, pollution dumping, that sort of thing.