Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Norman Kember is free

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What issue? We're meant to be talking about Norman Kember's release, whether peace campaigners should go into Iraq or not, why he didn't say thanks to the military sooner, on a wider scale our presence in Iraq as a whole, the increasing number of people being taken hostage... even a cretin like you can get your teeth into that.

start reading from post 50, and then you see i was on topic, you made a silly rhetoric question, that i was pointing out that i didnt believe was contributing in any useful way, and then you jump into a scathing attack on me, im dropping it now, end of ok

dont try and get the last word in because it never makes anyone look big or clever, if you seriously believe that again it was not you who started silly preceedings here, you are very misguided

and i do see the irony in the fact that i should try and be bigger than this, and to grow up, but unfortunately we are not all perfect, and broken in our own little ways
  • Options
    Moving on quickly...
    klintock wrote:
    I can hardly get any of my ideas about there not being a country in with all the handbags and scratching going on!
    What is the world to you, then? If we have no countries, what do we have? Is the whole world one huge "country" of sorts?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Moving on quickly... What is the world to you, then? If we have no countries, what do we have? Is the whole world one huge "country" of sorts?

says the guy who wanted to get back onto the norman kember topic :yeees:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    says the guy who wanted to get back onto the norman kember topic :yeees:
    Whatever. Klintock's ideas about the world are fine by me.
  • Options
    Very good MrG...off you pop and shout at your teddy or something..
    What is the world to you, then? If we have no countries, what do we have? Is the whole world one huge "country" of sorts?

That's the ticket. It's just a big rock in space.

Oh and Norman Kember is a fucking moron.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Whatever. Klintock's ideas about the world are fine by me.

so its your topic, you can dictate what you like and dislike in them?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    so its your topic, you can dictate what you like and dislike in them?
    Even by your abysmally low standards, your idiocy is really shocking today.
    klintock wrote:
    I suppose your analysis of the world makes sense in its way. Meantime, Norman Kember...
  • Options
    Stargalaxy wrote:
    Even by your abysmally low standards, your idiocy is really shocking today.

Your annoyance is always shockingly bad, and I genuinely feel sorry for the people who put in the best of their efforts, day in and day out, to put up with you, and not to shout at you for being so damned annoying.

Im gone for a bit, have fun
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    klintock wrote:

Both true... there are no countries, just politicians telling us htey are and they rule them.

There are just Humans, who beleive there are countries, like most of them beleive in a "god"... beleiving doesn't make it happen.

And yes, Kember is a moron. A grade A one at that.
  • Options
    Yeah, why has this moved on to Iraq supporter bashing???

My 2 cents, pacifism is a ridiculous postion as it says no violence NO MATTER WHAT, and that included WW2 and fighting the Nazi's, to whch many pacifists protested about.

Anyway...

yes Norman Kember is an ungrateful old fart. He shoved half a ton of his "message" before he managed an insincere thanks.

I heard one of the canadians that were captured along with him and they were hihgly grateful, much different to kember.
  • Options
    Norman Kember's a pacifist with extremely strong views that he believes in so fully that he's willing to do something daft like go on a Christian peace mission to Iraq - did anybody really think he was going to suddenly turn around and start gushing with praise for the British Army in Iraq, whether they saved him or not?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Yeah, why has this moved on to Iraq supporter bashing???

My 2 cents, pacifism is a ridiculous postion as it says no violence NO MATTER WHAT, and that included WW2 and fighting the Nazi's, to whch many pacifists protested about.
    I suggest you (and Matadore) look up the meaning of the word pacifism and try to understand what pacifists stand for, because you don't seem to have much of a clue.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I suggest you (and Matadore) look up the meaning of the word pacifism and try to understand what pacifists stand for, because you don't seem to have much of a clue.

Surely its opposition to violence to settle disputes - it doesn't matter if that's to save your own life or to save an entire people from genocide. Or to put in another way its saying that I don't care who else suffers as long as I don't have to dirty my hands.

If you support violence in any way whatsoever you're not a pacifist. So someone who believes that you can use violence in self-defence or to protect others isn't a pacifist.

Personally I think Matadore's got it spot on...
  • Options
    No, I don't think he has it quite spot on when he suggests people who oppose the Iraq war are pacifists.

You don't have to be a 'pacifist' to oppose the use of force when it is completely unnecessary, counterproductive, and it's being done for completely the wrong reasons and under false pretenses by lying cunts.

That's where he and Walkindude have it dead wrong. Most decent people would support the use of force in extreme circumstances (such as WWII) but not when pushing geopolitical agendas and trying to secure cheap oil for financial gain. Opposing the war on Iraq had nothing to do with pacifism for millions of people.
  • Options
    Not quite sure I'm reading that Walkindude and Mat are saying is that everyone who opposes the Iraq war is a pacifist. They seem to be saying pacifism is wrong, which I agree with.

Kember isn't just against the Iraq war - he claims to be a pacifist and is against all war for whatever reason.
  • Options
    I don't think all poeple who are against the Iraq war are pacifists.

Some are pacifists and so oppse the Iraq wae.

Kember is against the Iraq war and is claiming to be a pacifist.

I reckon he is a silly old fool.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Walkindude wrote:
    I don't think all poeple who are against the Iraq war are pacifists.

Some are pacifists and so oppse the Iraq wae.

Kember is against the Iraq war and is claiming to be a pacifist.

I reckon he is a silly old fool.

He is indeed a silly old sod.

He is against the war for all the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    I agree.

Apperently another of the group are on about going to Iraq soon and he is said to have suggested he would go back as well.

glutton for punishment I think.