Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dry Hand/Skin

My right hand is having a bit of a problem at the moment. Over the knuckles my skin is seriosuly dry and cracking, to the extent that where it cracks is started to make scab type bits. Its been like this since about Thursday now, but it seems to be getting worse, I woke up his morning and it looked like I'd punched something they are so red. I've been putting hand cream on it, which helps briefly then it gets all dry pretty soon after. When I've been putting cream on today it feels like its burning, so have stopped for now as it hurts.

Any ideas if its anything more than just dry skin? I just wondered, as its only on my right hand across my knuckles (the ones that join the fingers on rather than the ones in my fingers) and the rest of it is fine. I honestly can't think of anything I've done that would cause it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd say go to the chemist and ask if they've got a good quality moisturiser, If i get dry skin i find that body lotion/regular hand cream doesn't work. Plus if you ask their advice they will tell you if its just dry skin or not :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go to the chemist and see what they say about your skin, sometimes skin just does that for no apparent reason. Just ask to see the pharmacist on duty.

Neutrogena's hand cream is very good for serious dry skin, but you may have something more serious.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have this on the whole of the back of both hands, and I've noticed it's because of the cold; the colder it is, the worse my skin becomes.
    All I do is use hand cream, every day if I have to. It does hurt, but I guess that's to be expected if the skin has been broken and the cream gets partly in the inside.