Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Napster

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone have any experience of Napster since it has been £9.95 a month for 'unlimited access' ?

Is it actually unlimited?
6. What happens to the music I downloaded to my PC if I cancel my Membership?
If you cancel your Membership, the music you downloaded from Napster will no longer be playable at the end of your current billing period. You can still use Napster Light to play and organise all of the music you own without a membership fee. Access Napster Light with the same user name and password. With Napster Light, you can also sample 30-second clips and buy tracks for 79p and albums from £7.95. If you decide to resume your Napster Membership, your Napster music library will be restored and your downloaded music will be playable again.

Does this mean that if I cancel my membership, all of my purchased songs that I have put on my iPod will not work? Sorry if that sounds thick!

If you think that Napster is a pile of junk - what else would you recommend?

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I use napster lite when I want something. Was irritated to discover I couldn't burn said tracks to disc or convert them to MP3.
    if they are on your ipod already i dont think theres any way napster can stop them working without coming round and chucking your ipod out the window ;p
    muse- wrote:
    if they are on your ipod already i dont think theres any way napster can stop them working without coming round and chucking your ipod out the window ;p

That is what I thought! :rolleyes:

Would I have to burn the songs to disc and then transfer to iPod or just download to laptop and then import into iTunes?

I am thick as shit when it comes to this!!
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    That is what I thought! :rolleyes:

Would I have to burn the songs to disc and then transfer to iPod or just download to laptop and then import into iTunes?

I am thick as shit when it comes to this!!

oh.. i thought you had them on there already.. judging by that quote you did in your first post i doubt they'll let you download the right file types to put on your i-pod..

I would go for someone else to be honest, i haven't tried any pay-for download people so im not sure, but im sure someone here can make a suggestion :cool:
    I tried Napster once...

There is an account for £15 a month (I think) which is also unlimited which allows you to trasfer the music to MP3 players, I dont think the standard £9.99 one lets you!