Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suicide and Philosophy

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JamesZero wrote:
    I belive we live our lives, then we die... and thats it, nothing else...

thats why you have to live your life to the fullest, enjoy it as much as you can and do as much as possible.

I feel for you if things are down at the moment, but they are not that bad that you should put your family and friends through that, imo thats very selfish.

As other people have said, if you want a change then do something about it, dont kill yourself. Only you have the power to make yourself happy and make your life better!

I count myself very lucky for being here and im going to make sure I make the most of it!

Here Here! :)
  • Options
    You have a point certainly. Things are always changing too. Death happens to everyone at some point so why rush it? I think you got me convinced.
  • Options
    Good man! :thumb:

Now you just got to start changing things for the better for youself, you will look back on this one day soon and realise you made the right choice!
  • Options
    :yes:
  • Options
    Lawton wrote:
    You have a point certainly. Things are always changing too. Death happens to everyone at some point so why rush it? I think you got me convinced.
    and changing things mr lawton is rarely easy.
    how old are you and are you willing to open up a little about what in this life ...is so troubling ...so wearisome?

there are different ways of looking at things ...approaching things ...all of us here approach problems and pain in a variety of ways ...by sharing ...you get that variety.
    all the best.
  • Options
    If you kill yourself what you are leaving behind is a world of hurt for other people... You risk destroying other people, putting them through hurt and maybe even leading them to depression through grief.

If you want to start over then do it... It's not impossible, there are so many ways you can make changes to both yourself and the world.

Everybody dies eventually, but there's so much you can be doing in this life before you kick the bucket.

What do you want from life... If you could have anything?
  • Options
    I made this thread ages ago. you might find it interesting :thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I've been there, and partly still am. But, you gotta decide - no. I have many years left, fuck everyone else. Fuck em all. Its about... YOU.

So what about the rest of the world? Just don't give a fuck - what can you do, to make yourself better... and what things, useful things, can you do with your life to make the world better?

Face it - you might as well ride this life out and see how it ends up, eh! Why not!
  • Options
    lifes a cunt! i hate the way that everything seems to be against me all of the time.i've lost 3 members of my family in the last 2 years,one of them being my dad who i thought was indestructible(as kids do).what pissed me off most was that life just carried on,people just milled around just the same...you feel like screaming because no one seems to know what your going through.

surviving life is hard!

Q) what if i can't be arsed to get up for work one day?

A) you loose money.

Q) what if i cant be arsed to get up at all?

A) your fucked!

there is no perfect formula for a happy life,and i hate that old sayin,"lifes what you make it"...but its true.
    i find reason for living in my girlfriend,we make plans for what we want in life,and look after each other.thats what gives me "meaning",of life!.....death is no longer an option,just an inevitability with age(hopefully) :)

if you leave family,it is very selfish imo.the realisation of how easy it is to top yourself should be a warning to you.
    i'd like to believe in reincarnation and think i do to a point,but i think i'll wait till i have no choice in the matter before i find out. ;)