Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crap. Have I made a mistake?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, I did it. I finally thought enough was enough and I had to ask this guy out (see previous postings).

For those of you who didn't read my previous post, I have a guy friend who has been emailing me love songs, asked me to go watch the sunset with him etc.

Anyway, I mentioned to him that I had a week off work next week and wondered whether he'd like to meet up after work for a drink/see a film etc. He has just responded saying that as much as he would like to, he really can't as he has revision for doctor GP exams and he is a little worried that he won't get this exam, which is under three weeks away, as he has so much work to do for them. He said he had to be firm with himself at the moment and really hoped I understood.

Well I do kind of understand as realise how important these exams are for him, but I don't know whether this is a brush off after everything, or whether he would genuinely like to meet but simply can't due to pressures of work.

What do others think?

Comments

• Options
    Same as before, the guy likes you, but he just got a lot on at the moment, i dont think he's giving you the brush off. Just say okay, how about after your done with your exams?
  • Options
    You really think so? I know that he has been training for this job for 8 years and these are the big ones, but even so I kinda thought he'd jump at the chance to see me. So, you reckon he still likes me?
  • Options
    Yeah, i think he does, otherwise he wouldnt be giving you the i hope you understand stuff, really now just asking him hot about we do something to celebrate your exams finishing, that way you'll know for sure.
  • Options
    daisyduke wrote:
    You really think so? I know that he has been training for this job for 8 years and these are the big ones, but even so I kinda thought he'd jump at the chance to see me. So, you reckon he still likes me?
    You've really answered your own question. 8 years for a trip to the cinema that could be delayed by 3 weeks?
    It's not a brush off, it really doesn't sound like it, it's just a really important time, just suggest another time in the future and see what he says. I suspect he won't turn you down.
  • Options
    Thanks. Hadn't really thought of it like that. That really makes sense.... Will wait and see what happens in 3 weeks, I guess.
  • Options
    Ask him already, once he says yes you can float around in a sickenin happy excitement for the next three weeks :p
  • Options
    Ask him already
    no, don't. The last thing he needs now is for him to worry if he's got a bunny boiler on his hands.

Leave the ball in his court, think about asking him again if he's not asked you a week after it's all over
  • Options
    Has she still not seduced him yet. :eek:

Jeebus.

Just lead him to bed ffs.

Walk in, take his hand, walk him to the bedroom and get it on.

If he asks "where are we going" just say "to bed".
  • Options
    Trust me. I'm working on it. But I think he is shy or possibly not sure of himself - I know he lacks confidence in his abilities, hence why he can't meet. Still not sure whether I'm kidding myself or not.
  • Options
    I don't thinhk he's the shy one, to be honest.

You still haven't asked him out. MEN DON'T DO SUBTLE.

But exams are important to him, as he's said.

The advice isn't going to change.
  • Options
    stop fretting, blimey. Give it a few weeks and ask him again. Hes not gay, he seems to fancy you, hes quite busy atm unfortunatly.
    patience is a virtue.
  • Options
    Hes not gay,
    He might be in denial...
  • Options
    just say "yeah i understand- i know its important and good luck, i'd love to meet up once they're all finished" and leave it at that- he'll either say something like "yeah maybe" or "yeah that'd be great" and i think you'll be able to tell, dont pressure him- this isn't a good time for him to have other things on his mind. be positive- its sounds like he does like you, let him work for now- 3 weeks isn't long to wait.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    He might be in denial...
    yeah but so might she. She might thinks she fancies him but secretly be a hotbed of teenage lesbo fantasies!
  • Options
    yeah but so might she. She might thinks she fancies him but secretly be a hotbed of teenage lesbo fantasies!

ROFL. I don't think so. Sorry to shatter your illusion! :flirt:
  • Options
    yeah but so might she.
    You're right, I hadn't thought of that. It would explain why she's trying so hard to ignore him clearly taking an interest
  • Options
    I haven't ignored him whatsoever!