Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What to do about referees?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Another Premiership and FA Cup week, and yet again refs are showing their true quality.

Howard Webb was a disgrace on Monday night, Wednesday night saw another shocking refereeing performance resulting in Chelsea getting away with cheating and an innocent man sent off, and now this weekend. It makes me wonder if they're actually just incompetent, or whether there's something more sinister.

My mum could have seen Drogba's handball, and she was watching ITV. Distin attempts to discuss it maturely, and the ref sends him off for daring to question him. Fucking disgrace. And then in Liverpool, we have the intellectual equivalent of Sunderland FC sending van der Meyde off for, presumably, daring to ruffle the Liverpool player's hair.

These referees are professionals, they are paid to get basic decisions right. As it stands, they couldn't find their arse with both hands.

If I did my job as badly I'd be leaving my work with a freshly printed P45, so why not with these pathetic specimens? I've seen more intelligence in a lamb bhuna, yet they keep getting paid, and the FA do nothing about censuring them.

They're not fit to ref the Sunday League, let alone anything else.

Although I will admit that the pundits are no better- if I hear "he raised his hands, the rules say he has to walk" one more time I will scream, and probably commit murder. IT DOESN'T.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit - it's called favouritism. And the ref will always favour the bigger/better teams...
    Sofie wrote:
    Kermit - it's called favouritism. And the ref will always favour the bigger/better teams...

You could argue Chelsea were playing the bigger team yesterday but let's not go down that road......

I've always been against TV-refereeing but it has to be inevitable now. Maybe bringing in foreign referees would help too.

On the topic of poor ref decisions I felt calling off the Arsenal-Pompey game was quite dodgy.
    Sofie wrote:

That's too simplistic, and I don't think its very accurate either.

Braineater, you don't take risks with player safety. If it's waterlogged its waterlogged.