Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Student dental costs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anyone know if students qualify for exemption? I've heard something about ENC1 forms but haven't been able to find exact info.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you are under 19 and in full time education you still get it free. If you aren't, you need to get the ENC1 form sorted so you don't have to pay. From what I have been told its like a certificate sort of thing, that doesn't last that long (a few months or something)

You can get this form from your dentist, opticans and probably doctor.

If you have already paid for something, i think there is a section on the form where you have to tell them and they will give you money back. Or something like that..
    Thanks for that! :thumb:

Having no money and a fucked tooth was getting me worried.
    pretty sure it's means tested though so depends how much you earn.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    pretty sure it's means tested though so depends how much you earn.

:yes:

It is based on your income and savings. So even though you may be a student, if you have lots of savings then that will affect what you are entitled to.
    :yes:

It is based on your income and savings. So even though you may be a student, if you have lots of savings then that will affect what you are entitled to.

Do you know if student loans come under income? Not that I have any of that left with an overdraft at maximum.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Do you know if student loans come under income? Not that I have any of that left with an overdraft at maximum.

I can't remember as it is ages since I did it but I think they do come under income. However, the total amount that you get doesn't make much difference as they don't give you enough money to actually go over the threshold.

Can't remember though.
    Why do the powers that be feel the need to persecute anyone who saves their money, who looks after it?

As for the question, it depends entirely on where in the country you are.
    well they ask for your montly income so no it wouldn't count surely? i get paid £200 a month, seems that means i have to pay!
    I must admit TheSite's own article about this wasn't terribly useful. Clicky.

This one's about student health services in general.
    I filled it out, my mum must earn under 10 grand a year and they're charging me ful price. fuckers. But then, I had put that I recieve bursary money and that I was a US citizen, so that may have affected me. I'm going to reapply and apply as a UK citizen as I've both.
    i was poorly a few weeks back and had to pay for 4 lots of prescriptions costing me £26. :(
    If your tooth is fucked at the moment then you could always go to the dentists, apply for the costs etc at the same time, get a receipt and you could claim it back.
    i was poorly a few weeks back and had to pay for 4 lots of prescriptions costing me £26. :(
    Well, bad news in that case - prescription costs are going up next month in England by 15p.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Well, bad news in that case - prescription costs are going up next month in England by 15p.

ah well i saved myself 60p by being ill earlier rather than later.