Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best place to live when at Uni?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    indeed.

but I reckon thats a minority.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Everynight I go out I have the intention of making new friends.

yeh, girls. :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Moving onto a real poster....

ahh i see, you're unemployed and live at home then.
  • Options
    ahh i see, you're unemployed and live at home then.
    Not actually unemployed anymore, be starting work again in just over a week from now. Tell me Lucy, how was the argument you had with the brick wall a few nights ago?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Not actually unemployed anymore, be starting work again in just over a week from now. Tell me Lucy, how was the argument you had with the brick wall a few nights ago?

got more out of it than i am with this one, thanks.

you CANNOT call someone else a scrounger or whatever you called lipsy when you're hardly setting the perfect example yourself.

end of arguement thank you.
  • Options
    got more out of it than i am with this one, thanks.
    I'm sure the wall feels the same way towards you.
    you CANNOT call someone else a scrounger or whatever you called lipsy when you're hardly setting the perfect example yourself. end of arguement thank you.
    You're deliberately distorting what I said in the first place, which is no real surprise. (For the record, I haven't called anyone here a sponger.)
  • Options
    Couldn't be bothered to read 9 pages of what is quite possibly arguing.

Anyway, i went / am in a shared house for my first year of Uni with friends from my home town. I don't regret this for a minute, because even though i've met far less people, the...hmm style of living i've seen at friends halls is not something i could ever do, i'm sure i would have dropped out within a few weeks. That's not to say that i think living in the halls is neccesarily a bad thing, it's just that it wasn't for me. I don't like large groups of people, and also i'm not really too keen on the student partying lifestyle.

I don't think they'd have been too receptive to my drums either, but my housemates just grab their instruments and play along :)