Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

He couldn't be, could he?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi - me again, I'm afraid.

Well thanks to everybody who replied to my earlier posting asking whether the guy liked me or not. I've decided I have to tell him how I feel for my own sanity and the fact that I just can't stop thinking about him.... I was thinking of telephoning him tonight to see whether he'd like to meet up for a few hours over the weekend....

However, I've just had a very long chat with a close female friend - she has never met this guy, and she said something that makes me think maybe/perhaps, and I really thought I could run this past you guys... She said he sounds like he could be gay? Her reasoning for this was that gay guys will do stuff like below, but never actually ask the girl out.

Okay. Here is why. I told her that he had sent me romantic songs, had asked me to meet him to watch a sunset and had even asked my friend what the situation was with my boyfriend (EX - I hasten to add) and has already told my friend that when I was with ex I was mad as he treated me so very badly. However, he has emailed me to say that him and his old school pal are both searching for the "The One," that he had been out for dinner with some very attractive women, but they lacked depth. I work with a lot of gay guys and I asked one of them whether they thought he was gay, and he said yes. I asked why and he said because he was in touch with his feminine side and the type of music he liked to listen to. BUT then if he was gay, why would he be doing all of this, why would he be sending songs with very poignant lyrics.

God, what do others think?!

Comments

• Options
    i think hes probably not gay or he wouldnt be coming onto you so badly.
  • Options
    I suggest you talk to him. It might be easily said, but it's the best alternative in your case. Instead of letting your shyness eventuate new problems, ask him. Don't you think it's a lot easier to confront someone rather than trying to hit a target blindfolded?

I shouldn't be saying this, as I am terrible at confronting people... :(
  • Options
    So because a guy tries to be original in attracting a girl rather than buying drinks etc he has to be gay?

I don't think he is, or why would he be bothering? Stick with your original plan and talk to him :thumb:
  • Options
    I know, I know. It's just that several people have said this to me now! I am so madly infatuated with him that I guess my mind is here there and everywhere!
  • Options
    He's not gay or he wouldnt be making the effort. The friend that said this might of said it because they were jealous. The only way to know for sure is to ask him.....although being asked if they were gay might offend some.
  • Options
    Fnagggh.

Stop over-intellectualising a situation which is basically a case of him wanting to be in your kecks, you wanting to be in his, and both of you being too scared to do anything about it.

And if we're wrong, and he doesn't like you, then so what? yeah, it'll smart, but you'll know where you stand.
  • Options
    Would you prefer it if he was an arrogant twat and therefore proving his heterosexuality?

He's only gay if he fancies guys. Not if he tries to be romantic or do nice things. You are overcomplicating things.
  • Options
    Would you prefer it if he was an arrogant twat and therefore proving his heterosexuality?

He's only gay if he fancies guys. Not if he tries to be romantic or do nice things. You are overcomplicating things.
    Exactly :yes:
  • Options
    Just tell him some people said he was gay, he will tell you if he is or not and it is not asking him. I don't think you can get offended even if asked and if he is not and like you he is not going to hold you own to it. After all if you wonder if he is or not it shows your interest in him.

I don't think what he does is gay, but I think like Bomberman444 said, he might just be romantic which isn't a bad thing.
  • Options
    For fucks sake, ask him <strike>to bed</strike> out.

If he says no, then you can decide he must be gay, and not have to deal with feeling rejected.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    If he says no, then you can decide he must be gay, and not have to deal with feeling rejected.

:lol:

how often did I get 'lesbian' flung at me as an insult when I worked in a bar and wouldn't give my number to a drunken twunt? Whatever makes em fell better eh?
  • Options
    I was right. He is. Gutted.
  • Options
    daisyduke wrote:

hes a turdpusher?
  • Options
    What happened? How do you know? I dated a guy who a lot of my friends reckon was gay and I even had a gay guy who knows him tell me 'Im the girl who turned him gay'.
  • Options
    daisyduke wrote:

Hugs!! I'm shocked, I've been lurking around this thread and was hoping for a happy ending.

Get your glad rags on and go out with your mates- the best way to cure a broken heart IMO. :wave:
  • Options
    see if he minds been turned straight?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    see if he minds been turned straight?

Hmmm, this is true maybe he's bi. I'd say if he's said he's gay then he probably is, can't see many straight boys telling girls they're gay if they're not.
  • Options
    No, he told me himself. I think he must have realised I had developed feelings for him and he felt he should tell me. I have to say I thought the signs were all there. My friend said I should be angry with him, but I can't. I love him. And I know that I am going to have a friend in him for life.
  • Options
    At least you know how things stand between you two now.