Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

not being paid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does any one know the rights of the employer in this situation ? i'm the only one at work who hasn't been paid. they told me today i have to wait till next month, which means i have no money for the month, they also warned me that i may not be able to recieve this pay as it is the end of the financial year, but at the moment im in a finacial mess and they seem not to care ! :mad:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What reason did they give for not paying you?
    they didnt recieve my time sheet even though we all completed them at the same time and handed them to my manager to send off, but mine has disappeared ! and my manager is now on maternity leave and some one is standing in who hasn't got a clue
    if noone will help you i suggest you contact your local citizens advice straight away
    I would suggest ringing ACAS and asking them what your rights are.

They do have to pay you. If they are in financial trouble and go bust you will be an unsecured creditor, which means you can swing for your money, but you don't mention that they are.

If you're a temporary employee this can and does happen sometimes. It's important to confirm that they have received timesheets before the deadline.