Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dry Weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how long can you keep weed? i heard it can get dry quick if not smoked. is there a way to "moisten" it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you're not smoking it you can put it in an airtight jar indefinitely, my brother's been curing some for about 5 months now, i had some the other day it blew me away......
    THC is relatively stable, it just needs to be kept out of high heat or humid conditions.
    as long as its in a cool dry place nothing with happen to the quality of the THC ... why would you want it to stay 'moist' .. its easier to break up to smoke etc when its dry

i think the only difference is a bit of weight, which makes fuck all difference to you if you're just smoking it
    When I have loads I always save it in bag which i removed the air from and then put it in the freezer.
    When I have loads I always save it in bag which i removed the air from and then put it in the freezer.

Why?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Why?

Cos it save it well from what I think.

In a good freezer there is no humidity and it's really cold but dry.
    The weed will not get damage by the heat or the light.

And by removing the air inside the bag you keep it fresh longer and the contact with the air itself will create lost of quality in time.
    Fair enough, though as I said THC is quite stable and unless you are keeping it for months and months there should be no need to freeze it.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Fair enough, though as I said THC is quite stable and unless you are keeping it for months and months there should be no need to freeze it.

Oh yes for sure, I mainly freeze it when I have to keep it for months at least, otherwise I don't bother, I just have some in my rolling box and an other bag luying around somewhere with the rest.

But by freezing you can store it for years with losing nearly noting in quality.

Read in a growing book, stocing in in te ground is quite good too.
    Apparantly te writter met a guy that kepts some for years buried in his garden, in some freshness bag and apparantly the quality was still excellent.
    That might be so, but the question is, why would you want to keep weed for years?
    bongbudda wrote:
    That might be so, but the question is, why would you want to keep weed for years?

Well in the book I read for example some guy just planted shit loads of plants just to have one crop and have smoke for years. Go figure. Not a bad plan tho, but frankly I would do less amount and more often just to be able to change weed once in a while.
    Indeed, there is no good reason for it but most users will say that if they smoke the same stuff for ages it fails to have the same effect.
    Does "non-dry" taste better than dry? I heard its worth nothing when its dry and ppl throw it away lol...
    Asdf wrote:
    Does "non-dry" taste better than dry? I heard its worth nothing when its dry and ppl throw it away lol...

No, it makes next to no difference, its just the water in the plant, its either there or it isnt.
    Asdf wrote:

Well its obviously worth less dry as it wont weigh as much, I Much prefer buying dry weed as i get more for my money
    I've never kept weed for long periods so wouldn't know.
    It doesn't seem like it should make a difference, but from my experience, weed does seem somewhat less potent when it is very dry...

It'd probably be easier to tell on a knockout strain, but I wouldn't know, as I'm not willing to spend that much for a qurter for myself. I just pitch in with friends and we smoke it all in one sitting...
    Weed need to be dry before smoking, it is in every single book about weed growing... Sometimes even te one you buy you can make it dry a bit more and it gets better, dealers tend to give you fresh one cos it weight more, not cos it taste better...
    Well its obviously worth less dry as it wont weigh as much, I Much prefer buying dry weed as i get more for my money
    awwwright clever sod.