Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Divorced men- please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi folks, I apologise if this is in the wrong forum and trust it will be accordingly moved if so! Basically I'm studying Family Law at uni and need to get at least 10 divorced men to give their views on a couple of hyopthetical scenarios where X and Y were cohabiting, X has died and decide and you have to decide whether or not you think Y should inherit anything from Xs estate according to your own sense of justice and fairness. I can e-mail the scenarios out to anyone who would be prepared to help me. Even if you can't help me yourself but know someone who could spare me 10 minutes that would be fantastic. At the moment I'm really struggling- I don't know one divorced man!! Those who were asked to interview single men and single women have got it pretty easy! The hypothesis is that those of different marital status will have different views as to who should inherit what.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated, thank you.

Oh, btw, the divorce does not have gone through yet, it's sufficient that the respondent has married, but the relationship has broken down and divorce proceedings have been or are about to be brought. Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Getting divorce atm, but under french law tho...
    Would you help me out mate? No knowledge of law is required, in fact the whole point is to gather people's views and see if the law represents societal views of what is fair. It should only take a few minutes, if you'd help me that'd be great- as I say, I'm supposed to get at least ten, I don't even have one right now!
    Museman wrote:
    Would you help me out mate? No knowledge of law is required, in fact the whole point is to gather people's views and see if the law represents societal views of what is fair. It should only take a few minutes, if you'd help me that'd be great- as I say, I'm supposed to get at least ten, I don't even have one right now!

Sure mate, what do you need exactly?
    Oh, my apologies, despite my post count I wasn't aware of this! Thanks for pointing that out, I'll PM one of them.
    i'm not divorced yet. waiting for house stuff to be sorted out first. but then will be. give me a shout if i can help