Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

LSD and 2C-I

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've read a few experiences on erowid of people who've combined these two drugs together and every single one has been positive, but has anyone here ever tried this combination?

I'm fairly experienced with LSD but have never tried 2-CI; has anyone tried it on it's own? There's not too much into effects of it floating about that I've found on the net, are there any elements to it that may potentially contrast with acid? Any past experiences welcome! :razz:

Comments

• Options
    i really dont know, but if you're able to get 2-ci you're a lucky bastard and id sure as hell be combining them :yes:
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    2-Ci isn't recommended for mixing and you have to make sure you get the dose right because the effects can vary a lot with what might seem like a small change in dose. It has similiar hallucinogenic effects to LSD but milder and with some ecstasy effects thrown in - intense euphoria, chattiness and dehydration.
  • Options
    Dont just go on the glowing reports you read on Erowid or in PHIKAL, both give a mistaken picture of the 'research chemicals'.

They are, as a group, far far less reliable than anything you have ever used, their effects really vaires from person to person, so dont expect that Xmg will do what you've read, it may well wont.

If you havent used 2C-i before do NOT mix it with another drug first time, I've heard really mixed things about it, some love it others feel its a totally 'plastic' experience with a harsh body load.
  • Options
    i personally wouldnt mix ANYTHING with acid, it can be so intense and fucked on its own, i dont see the need!
  • Options
    I have PIHKAL in front of me now, a little bit later (im off to play 5-a-side now) i will transcribe it and post the qualitative comments regarding 2C-i.
  • Options
    I have PIHKAL in front of me now, a little bit later (im off to play 5-a-side now) i will transcribe it and post the qualitative comments regarding 2C-i.

If he doesnt have a copy of PIHKAL then he surely shouldnt be using drugs like this!

(and anyway, those comments are hardly a good basis for deciding to use a drug)
  • Options
    no i agree, and i think one of the disclaimers that i make whenever i tell users to read PIHKAL, is to be wary of equating Shulgin's experience with a 'Guide to...'

Dr Shulgin is by many accounts one of the most chemically and personally experienced people in the field of psychoactive study alive today.

this has two particular problems when applying his data widely;

1) Shulgin is an individual, both subjectively and bio-chemically. His mental state is obviously not replicated in other people and so doesnt provide a paired example.

2) By virtue of the fact that Shulgin is such an experienced user and documenter of psychoactive substances, it is very possible that his reactions to certain substances will have been alterd by his previous experience, as well as his stock of knowledge of the subject.

Set, setting, mindset and the stock of knowledge with which people come to these experiences is very important. However with this qualification there is absolutely nothing wrong with reading such material provided that you take them as examples rather than outlines of what the experience should entail.

to that end i shall shortley post the transcript of it.
  • Options
    (with 0mg) "I was present at a group meeting, but was only an observer. With zero milligrams of 2C-i, I was able to get a delightful plus 2.5 in about five minutes after I arrived at your place, and absorbed the ambience of the folks who had actually imbibed the material. My level lasted about four hours and came down at about the same time as did the others. There were no after-effects experienced apart from a pleasant languor"

(with 15mg) " Comfortable onset. Most notable are the visuals, patterning like 2C-B (Persian Carpet Type), very colourful and active. Much more balance emotional character, but still no feeling on insight, revelation, or progress toward the true meaning of the universe. And at about 5 1/2 hours drop-off very abrupt, then gentle decline. I would like to investigate museum levels"

(with 16mg) " There was an immediate alert within minutes. As usual, it was only an awareness, then nothing happened for a while. In retrospect, i see some type of activity or awareness within 40 minutes, which then builds up over time. The peak was at two hours and seems to maintain itself for a while. Near the peak, there was some hallucenogenic activity, though not alot. The pictures in the dining room had pattern and colour movement that was fairly detailed. Focusing on other areas, such as the outside of the house, produced little activity, though I tried. There was certainly alot of colour enhancement. There was also that perculiar aspect to shift around to some degree. That aspect seems to be similar to 2C-B. I don't think I was more than + 2.5 at the peak. Coming down was uneventful. I was down within 6 hours. I had no problems driving home, nor were there any difficulties with sleep. There were no body problems with this material. I ate like a horse."

(with 16mg) "The 16 was a bit much, I realised, because my body what not sure of what to do with all the energy. Next time I'll try 14 or 15. However, my conversations were extremely clear and insightful. The degree of honesty was incredible. I was not afraid to say anything to anyone. Felt really good about myself. Very centred, in fact. A bit tired at days end. Early bedtime."

(with 20mg) "I think there is slightly less than full immersion in the sensual, with this material, compared with 2C-B, but I suspect it's more a matter of getting used to the language of 2C-I and the feelings - getting tuned to a slightly different frequency really - rather than that the material is less sensual or less easy to use sensually. Just different frequency, and we are very, very used to 2C-B. Good on the body. Transition, for me, not as strongly dark as 2C-B. But it could certainly take alot more exploring, if we were able to give the time (about 9 hours) to it. Next day: sleep excellent. Energy next day unusually good. Quite tired by evening"

(Shulgin & Shulgin, 1991, p.540-541)
  • Options
    I wouldnt of course suggest that Shulgin isnt a good thing to read, but because of the nature of his group bad trips are less likely than with other users. They are all experienced and mature trippers who are well versed in these types of drugs.

All I'm saying is, dont just read Shulgin and say 'great, if I take 15mg then I'll get that exact experience' because that doesnt happen, not with these types of drugs which are very variable.
  • Options
    Shulgin is an individual, both subjectively and bio-chemically. His mental state is obviously not replicated in other people and so doesnt provide a paired example.
    Indeed, mass testing is what's needed :D
  • Options
    Indeed, mass testing is what's needed :D

Even mass testing (which I seriously wouldnt advocate with a large chunk of things in PHIKAL) wouldnt really give you a good picture.

Hallucinogenics are hugely personalised and variable.

MDMA is about the only drug in the group which gives a standard response.