Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused - need good advice please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel so confused right now that its killing me. My ex and I broke up 9 months ago and havent spoken since xmas. Last night she calls me and we got round to talking about new partners. I prepared myself for it as I knew that she would start seeing other people sooner or later. But when she said she was seeing a new guy and I asked the usual stuff about him she got all flustered and made up some strange occupation that he did and wouldnt tell me his name or anything about him. I know her very well and shes not the type of person to make stuff up or try make anyone feel jealous but everything sounded dodgy.
I know what your thinking - shes hiding who he is - but theres no way I could know him as she now lives on the other side of the world nor will I ever know who he is for the same reason.
She just kept asking why I wasnt currently seeing anyone and she got really upset and for the first time she talked about why we broke up.
I told her I would be honest and said I still have feelings for her which made things ten times worse and she told me that she never stopped loving me but there was nothing we could do about it now.
The whole situation is now so difficult as we both want to stay in touch but neither can handle the emotional stuff but talking about mundane day to day things doesnt feel like real friendship. Cutting her out of my life totally is only a last resort. What can I do?

Comments

• Options
    i dont know. :confused:
    i hope thats helpful
  • Options
    In my opinion, I don't think that she is with anybody else atall, she made up an occupation and didn't tell you the name probably due to the fact that she really hasn't moved on atall!! I could be wrong, but thats the vibe im getting. Cutting her out of your life atall, is that what you really want to do? Is there any chance of her returning to where you live? I believe cutting her out of your life is a last last resort, if there is definetely no way of you two getting back together, then I would take that option, the hurt and emotional strain that it will put on you will be horrible to live with, no doubt, but if thats really what you want and you don't see you two getting back together due to the distance..then thats whats going to have to be done im afraid :(
    Hope this helps..
    Jez
  • Options
    Can i just ask how long you were together before breaking up?
    From what you've written it sounds as though she may have made up a relationship as a test to see if you were with anyone else or had moved on. Sounds like shes still really hung up on you and you on her so im not really sure what to suggest. what were the reasons for her moving away?