Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

that whingy muslim schoolgirl loses court battle

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4832072.stm

great news :thumb:

mind if i say though: what a f**king waste of time when she could of worn appropiate school uniform that took religious considerations into account but decided it werent hardcore enough for her

Comments

• Options
    The head dress is supposed to be about being humble, about having modesty its not supposed to be bloody political thats the total opposite of the point!
  • Options
    As far as Im concerned religion should stay out of schools apart from in lessons. If someone wants to follow their religions to that level then they should go to a religious school. Uniform rules are there to lower the differences between students not highlite them.
  • Options
    And now she should have to pay ever single penny of that money back.

Bankrupt her and her family if that's what it takes.

The stupid little girl should be screwed into the dirt.
  • Options
    The irony is that many Muslims who would support her wish to wear the more severe attire would not want her to have the education she desires. She should try living in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    To be honest its none of the states business what she wants to wear and why. If its her culture then she should wear what she wants - not be bullied by the school because they want an easy life.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    To be honest its none of the states business what she wants to wear and why. If its her culture then she should wear what she wants - not be bullied by the school because they want an easy life.

To be fair the school already had a policy in place on muslim dress.

She should have to wear a uniform like everyone else.
  • Options
    Great.

Your all crazy.

"They!" force her to go to a building to learn lies under threat of imprisoning her parents and you moan when she wants to put a hat on.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Great.

Your all crazy.

"They!" force her to go to a building to learn lies under threat of imprisoning her parents and you moan when she wants to put a hat on.

Wtf are you on?! :confused:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    To be fair the school already had a policy in place on muslim dress.

She should have to wear a uniform like everyone else.

Which wasn't for her strand of the religion, so was pretty like telling me as Prestbyterian that as part of my school uniform I'd have had to wear a rosemary on the basis that Prods and Catholics are all Christians.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    To be honest its none of the states business what she wants to wear and why.

You're right, it's not.

But this isn't about the state.
    If its her culture then she should wear what she wants - not be bullied by the school because they want an easy life.

:confused:

The school have rules. Don't like those rules? Go to another school. There were plenty that would have her.

The uniform was drawn up in dialogue with Muslim families. All the other families were happy with it.

This girl just wanted to prove how much more Muslim she was than the other girls. She said as much in the case. It had nothing to do with "culture", and everything to do with this little shit wanting to bully other people.

She should have to pay back every penny of Legal Aid, and all the school's costs. Even if she's paying it when she's 100.
  • Options
    You send your children to school or you go to prison.

In school they teach you lots and lots of things that are just untrue, like the idea that you are in a country, you can divide people up into things like ability, age and sex and have it mean anything and lots of other crap that just ain't so.

In the face of this monstrous scheme, the general feeling is that you can't put a hat on while you are brainwashed. Magic.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Which wasn't for her strand of the religion, so was pretty like telling me as Prestbyterian that as part of my school uniform I'd have had to wear a rosemary on the basis that Prods and Catholics are all Christians.

This is the reason why i never venture into this forum.

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about :)

You can tell shes just a spoilt brat who thinks she can get away with anything she likes.
  • Options
    you go to school to learn....not to display religion, what makes her so special to be able to wear what she wants when everyone else abides the rules
    its not like shes got any more flesh on display when she wears uniform
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    This is the reason why i never venture into this forum.

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about :)

He's saying that this girl follows a slightly different version of Islam, therefore the rules that every bugger else was happy with shouldn't apply to her.

Islam isn't a defined religion, each mosque has its own teachers who have their own interpretations. A lot follow similar ideals, but some are far mroe zealous than others.

This girl said she was very zealous, and a better Muslim than the girls who were happy in the uniform. She didn't want to wear that uniform as she was better than it. She didn't want to be thought of as a bad Muslim like them.

Which is fine. Go to another school. I've heard Afghanistan is lovely this time of year.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You're right, it's not.

But this isn't about the state.

Unless its a public school its a state school, ergo it is about the state and why my hard earned taxes are being wasted by the school in persecuting branches of Islam that they're not too keen on.

The school have rules. Don't like those rules? Go to another school. There were plenty that would have her.

The uniform was drawn up in dialogue with Muslim families. All the other families were happy with it.

This girl just wanted to prove how much more Muslim she was than the other girls. She said as much in the case. It had nothing to do with "culture", and everything to do with this little shit wanting to bully other people.

She should have to pay back every penny of Legal Aid, and all the school's costs. Even if she's paying it when she's 100

Yes and I'm arguing that those rules were wrong and were for one set of Moslems at the expense of others. Islam is one monolithic entity anymore tha Christianity is. the fact that some Moslems supported the uniform and thought it was suitable doesn't mean they all did.

Unless you have developed telepathy I'm not quite sure how you can say what her underlying motives were. to be fair if she thinks that the other girls are not Moslem enough and she wants to be closer to what she thinks her faith should be that's fine with me.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Unless its a public school its a state school, ergo it is about the state and why my hard earned taxes are being wasted by the school in persecuting branches of Islam that they're not too keen on.

"Persecuting"?

:lol:

Funny how every other person- including people from the same mosque- were happy with the uniform.

It's hardly persecuting someone to not let them have their own way.

Oh, and check your history- it was the girl who launched the legal attack. On Legal Aid. Schools have a right and responsibility to defend themselves from frivolous legal attacks.

Which is why this stupid little girl should pay back every penny of your "hard earned tax money". Including interest.
    Yes and I'm arguing that those rules were wrong and were for one set of Moslems at the expense of others. Islam is one monolithic entity anymore tha Christianity is. the fact that some Moslems supported the uniform and thought it was suitable doesn't mean they all did.

It isn't monolithic.

Islam is based largely around mosques. Other people from the same mosque were happy with the uniform. Nobody else ever complained.
    Unless you have developed telepathy I'm not quite sure how you can say what her underlying motives were. to be fair if she thinks that the other girls are not Moslem enough and she wants to be closer to what she thinks her faith should be that's fine with me.

She fucking said so in court!

As for the rest of your point, many Muslim parents at the school were deeply upset at the radicalisation she was trying to bring in, including significant peer pressure.

The school were right. As the House of Lords have finally just decided.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    :Oh, and check your history- it was the girl who launched the legal attack.

Which she wouldn't have had to if the school had acted reasonably instead of deciding that they should have the final intepretation of how she viewed he religion

She fucking said so in court!

What that she wanted to bully other people???? I must have missed that bit or this a bit of hyperbole on your part.
  • Options
    Ah i see. Thank ye for explaining.

Well didn't the school say that after consultations with parents, that it had drawn up a school uniform policy that everyone was happy with, and that it was so that they were all equal regardless of what part of Islam they were following. Exactly why everyone else has to wear a uniform at any other school so that no one person is seen as better than anyone else.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Which she wouldn't have had to if the school had acted reasonably instead of deciding that they should have the final intepretation of how she viewed he religion

They did act reasonably.

As has just been shown.

What's your point? That's its unreasonable she didn't get her own way? The poor diddums.

Read what she said in court. Read how other parents felt she was trying to harrass their children.

It's obvious she's just a stupid little girl who now needs to be taught the cost of frivolous and wasteful legal challenges.

Hopefully a large costs order will be landing with a great thump on her doormat soon.
  • Options
    That school already let people wear those tunic thingys, wasn't that enough? God damn whiney people. If everyone else was ok with it why should she have felt the need to be any different?!

I hate the fact that religion interferes with every little thing. There isn't any need for it to cross over with absolutely everything. If people want to be religious, fine. Just don't rub it in everyones face and complain.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    He's saying that this girl follows a slightly different version of Islam, therefore the rules that every bugger else was happy with shouldn't apply to her.

Islam isn't a defined religion, each mosque has its own teachers who have their own interpretations. A lot follow similar ideals, but some are far mroe zealous than others.

This girl said she was very zealous, and a better Muslim than the girls who were happy in the uniform. She didn't want to wear that uniform as she was better than it. She didn't want to be thought of as a bad Muslim like them.

Which is fine. Go to another school. I've heard Afghanistan is lovely this time of year.

not sure they take girls these days :chin:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Nightbreed wrote:
    As far as Im concerned religion should stay out of schools apart from in lessons. If someone wants to follow their religions to that level then they should go to a religious school. Uniform rules are there to lower the differences between students not highlite them.

Well said!

I think personally we should do a French-style (omg, I agee with the French... :nervous: ) religion in general ban in schools. That way... you aren't being specifically against one thing.
  • Options
    Has anyone else read in the papers about a white girl in Bradford? Who when she was 12 did a documentary about been the "last" white girl in her neighbourhood and how she was encouraged to go to the local Mosque and learn about Islam, etc. Then at the age of 15 she burst into a Service for the victims of the 7/7 bombings and began quoting the Koran and swearing, saying the victims deserved what they got and if those kind of people ever turned up in Bradford she would help blow them up herself?

She got a ASBO, court order, community service something or other for it, anyway. Just thought it was a good bit or tabloid news ot mention.
  • Options
    Fascinating post subject13.

Was there a point to it?

Other than to say OMFGZ MUSL1MS R b4d OK!!! I mean?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And now she should have to pay ever single penny of that money back.

Bankrupt her and her family if that's what it takes.

The stupid little girl should be screwed into the dirt.

your anger seems misguided in its direction, unless you think the only people who deserve legal aid are those who agree with you.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Fascinating post subject13.

Was there a point to it?

Other than to say OMFGZ MUSL1MS R b4d OK!!! I mean?
    You clearly cannot be that intelligent can you kermit to say that, since i am not against Islam or ethnic minorities of any kind, or ever made any mention of been against them or their respective and varied cultures.

You on the other hand always make threads about black culture and other ethnic minorities of Britain. So i see no reason why to come at me like that, when i was merely pointing out a news story that related to this thread, as in each cases it was young girls attempting to force their beliefs and attitudes on others. one born into a faith, one a convert to said faith.

It is about time you got a grip of yourself!
    And why type out what you think, very wongly, that i am saying in text message spelling, when i never type like that ever? i mean really? How pointless.
  • Options
    Islamofascists? By all accounts some pretty odious characters were supporting this girl..

If she doesn’t like the dress codes in our state schools she can find a religious school to cater for her needs. Or go back to medieval times and move to Iran or Saudi Arabia where she will be treated like a second class citizen. (Given that her ‘friends’ supporting her on this would have no qualms about women in this country being treated like Saudi and Iranian women...Although maybe she also agrees with the backward fundamentalists running Iran).
  • Options
    Or go back to medieval times and move to Iran or Saudi Arabia

She could just do it today and get much the same treatment?

And TBH - I saw the way she was dressed - were she a TRUE Muslim, surley her face would NOT be exposed... ?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    She could just do it today and get much the same treatment?

And TBH - I saw the way she was dressed - were she a TRUE Muslim, surley her face would NOT be exposed... ?

Well yeah, I didn’t put it very well...In their treatment towards women Saudi Arabia and Iran are in a medieval timewarp.

I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think covering totally makes one a TRUE Muslim – I think that Muslim women are supposed to show ‘modesty’ but that’s interpreted differently. I don't think it's a purely religious thing either, I think it's largely cultural.
  • Options
    Well yeah, I didn’t put it very well...In their treatment towards women Saudi Arabia and Iran are in a medieval timewarp.

I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think covering totally makes one a TRUE Muslim – I think that Muslim women are supposed to show ‘modesty’ but that’s interpreted differently. I don't think it's a purely religious thing either, I think it's largely cultural.

Hmm, I honestly don't know - but some of those Cleric chaps they interview on the news say women should not show skin. ;/ I'd almost agree having seen some women who probably shouldn't ever be allowed to dress themselves again.

Meh. I think we should just ban all religious shit in school - education shouldn't be mixed with religion, its dangerous... for teachers as well as pupils.