Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Female Cycles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is something Ive never been able to get the hang of.

How do you know how long your cycle is. Normally I come on my period the same date every month but does that mean my cycle is 31 days or 28?

It really confuses me specially when Ive had medical questions in hospital and they ask that ... im like who am I to know.

Can only shed light on how it all really works cause im ape confusid atm!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You count the number of days from begining your period to the next period you start.
    Sounds like your periods are about 30/31 days apart usually then.

I think that's right anyway. :confused:
    except for february when you have a 28 day cycle or 29 days in a leap year!

medical miracle :D
    hi, yeah sounds like yours are 30/31 normally they are about 28 days so don't always fall on the same date each month. It's really worth marking your periods off on a diary for a few months so you can get used to the pattern. Mine were fairly irregular for the first few years but are like clockwork now.
    Right so if mine are a 31 day cycle and have been the whole time ive had periods, nearly 5 years now, should I be worried ones a week late or not?
    Mine took ages to get settled. They're so stupid. And my cycle is like...25-6 days. Isn't that a bit short? Oh well, I'm used to it!
    i haven't got a clue now ive come off the pill!! thats the only way i kept track of where i was.
    Right so if mine are a 31 day cycle and have been the whole time ive had periods, nearly 5 years now, should I be worried ones a week late or not?

There are several reasons why your period could be late, so I wouldn't be that worried, tbh.
    lipsy wrote:
    i haven't got a clue now ive come off the pill!! thats the only way i kept track of where i was.

I'm the same. 3-4 days after I come off me pill, I usually get me period though. But least I know roughly when I'm due each month.
    I'm the same. 3-4 days after I come off me pill, I usually get me period though. But least I know roughly when I'm due each month.
    no i mean.. when i used to take the pill i knew exactly when i'd come on my period.. always a sunday.

but now i don't take the pill anymore and i can't remember when i had my last period.
    lipsy wrote:
    no i mean.. when i used to take the pill i knew exactly when i'd come on my period.. always a sunday.

but now i don't take the pill anymore and i can't remember when i had my last period.

Oh yeah, I knew what u mean -
    Just meant, that's what I've to rely on as I'm on the pill now.
    I'd be worried if there was a chance you could be pregnant, but otherwise, i'd just relax. Cycles often have a mind of their own!