Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Prom Ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
This year I'm organising my school prom and I need your help. I need to decide on whether to have a theme, decorations, decor, whether to have favors, a prom king/queen, red carpet and all that jazz.

If you could all share your prom stories/experiences I'd really be grateful

Another problem is money, I need to think of some fundraising ideas so that if we decide to do all of the above things we have money to do it. This is my last prom and I want it to be perfect (soppy, much?) I want people to be able to look back and remember that i actually made something cool happen.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Watch Sweet 16 for ideas :p

Seriously, I'd ask your school what they want. Get them involved and all that jazz.
    It's all been done before, seriously. The only way things get done in my school is if you just tell them what's happening.
    You could get everyone to go as a reality tv star. Ahahaha. That'd be so funny.
    Our Prom was in the Westerwood Hotel in Cumbernauld. We didnt have a theme or anything, the boys wore kilts, the girls wore dresses. We had a 3 course meal that was rotten and took too long to get served. After dinner there was a Ceilidh and about half an hour of normal music. At the end there were buses taking us back to school and one going into Glasgow. A load of us went to Archaos in our fancy dresses and kilts, that was a cracking night.

As for fundraising, I have no idea, we didnt do anything like that for ours we had to pay £30 for it. Proms tend to be a bit over rated in my opinion, they're never as good as you hope they'll be.
    We had gambling at ours, with fake money, but prizes for the guy and girl who got the most money.
    i'm from the u.k, and we had a prom.
    i think it's weird because i thought it was an american thinggg. :confused:
    Raise money to pay for stuff? Aren't you just gonna sell tickets and get the money back that way?

Do sales and stuff. Erm try an auction? slave auction or something? Cake/sweet/random stuff sales? Raffles?
    The gambling idea that was mentioned somewhere above is a good idea, at our prom we didn't have any theme or anything, would have been cool to have one tho :chin: