Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

funny money

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i feel such a twat.i had dodgy £20 note given to me,i did'nt look at it properly and now i'm 20 quid down.iv'e had thoughts of trying to pass it on but don't know whether i should?..what would you do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i feel such a twat.i had dodgy £20 note given to me,i did'nt look at it properly and now i'm 20 quid down.iv'e had thoughts of trying to pass it on but don't know whether i should?..what would you do?

Depends on how obvious it is that its dodgy...

I hate when that happens, I think its probably quite common in pubs / clubs because its dark and people are drunk!

You could always try getting rid of it, if they say anything say you didnt realise!
    spend it in a club :thumb: or a busy pub and they might not check!
    i would probably try to get rid of it, you need to be believable in saying you didnt know if they realise though :chin:
    id say corner shop / somewere that doesnt have a uv note checker, pubs and clubs probably will because of the shear amount of cash they take
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Spend it, mofo! Who gives a shit?
    if you try to use it and you are somewhere with a strict policy, they wont let you have it back, they will rip it up and let you go on your way
    i dont think corner shops etc are a very good idea, its very easy to tell if its real or not just by touching it and im sure they're well accustomed to how real money feels!

a busy pub/club is your best bet, or go buy drugs with it :thumb:

id definatly try and get rid of it tho, fuck being 20 quid down cuz of some cunt!
    car boot it.
    if all else fails im sure theres someone stupid enough to buy it off you for a tenner or something and then you will be a little better off

whats stupid about buying it for a 10er if you know you can get rid of it for 20 ?
    ive been in exactly the same position.. with a £20 a few years ago

tried it at macdonalds when i was pissed, they sent me on my bike but gave the note back. determined not to be £20 down i went to a corner shop, they were on to me, had me on cctv in school uniform ( so pretty easy to track me down) and called the police. ended up just being a free lift home, they searched me there and then, and that was it. they took the note "for investigation"

also had a fake £2 ( i must be unlucky, or theres a business going in the watford area) was late at night and i cooked myself a burger (on of the rustler cheeseburgers mmmm) at the petrol station, before paying for it. the guy goes "this is fake isnt it"? i said, got no idea, but its all i got. so he laughed and took it.

bit of a look story, but basically i'd spend it, got nothing to loose.
    icey wrote:
    spend it in a club :thumb: or a busy pub and they might not check!

we got given one at my old work place once and i was goin out that nite, so my manager gave me the dodgy one and i got rid of it in a nite club and plaid her back with a real one
    Mia_16 wrote:
    we got given one at my old work place once and i was goin out that nite, so my manager gave me the dodgy one and i got rid of it in a nite club and plaid her back with a real one

what was in it for you? clubs aren't a great place to use fake notes - unless its in a third world city up north of something (joke)

they should be trained be aware of fake notes, as it happens a lot at clubs, and your risking a pleasant exit from a pair of ruthless bouncers
    I got given a £7 note once. It looked real enough, had the watermark and everything, but whoa and behold when I tried to buy something it turned out to be a fake and I lost out. What a piss take. I mean when gangs can make such realisitc looking notes what chance do we have, really? Printing fake money should be made illegal :grump:
    z01 wrote:
    i dont think corner shops etc are a very good idea, its very easy to tell if its real or not just by touching it and im sure they're well accustomed to how real money feels!

id definatly try and get rid of it tho, fuck being 20 quid down cuz of some cunt!
    out of all the places i thought of getting rid of it,my local drug dealer wasnt one of them.......perhaps because i would like to keep my knee caps in tact? :D

its fuckin annoying me.i have to admit that have allready tried to get rid at the petrol station,they spotted it straight away.i hid it with another £20 and a fiver,and tried to distract her by asking for baccy after i had given the money over...didnt work.i know a petrol station perhaps wasnt a good idea :D ....but wtf?
    If its a good fake, pass it onto the next sucker. I worked at a local Chinese takeaway for a number of years, so I got used to checking money. If you pick a supermarket at a busy time, you should be OK. Feign ignorance if caught.
    Brave Dave wrote:
    I got given a £7 note once. It looked real enough, had the watermark and everything, but whoa and behold when I tried to buy something it turned out to be a fake and I lost out. What a piss take. I mean when gangs can make such realisitc looking notes what chance do we have, really? Printing fake money should be made illegal :grump:
    no need to take the piss! :D
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    out of all the places i thought of getting rid of it,my local drug dealer wasnt one of them.......perhaps because i would like to keep my knee caps in tact? :D

dont go to a local one then ;)
    well do you know where you got it from? take it back!

i work at tesco and in the past they've given people another note if they come in and claim they were given a dodgy note as cashback or something.
    z01 wrote:

lol innit
    Spend it for sure! i'd try when im out clubbin thier always to busy to bother checkin notes
    well do you know where you got it from? take it back!

i work at tesco and in the past they've given people another note if they come in and claim they were given a dodgy note as cashback or something.

So go tesco, get some cashback, go outside, put the real cash in your pocket, then take out the fake one, go back in and say 'oi, you!' etc. kick up a fuss and bobs your uncle :)
    i never said that about tesco. :o

it depends which store you go to and how lenient they/that member of staff is.
    There's a lot of dodgy money about. I've come across countless numbers of the old issue £5 notes, for instance. (they were meant to have been taken out of circulation in 2003, so why they remain around is a mystery) I've also seen a lot of fake £1 coins, watch out for those. All you can really do is check all your change carefully. If you come across fake £10/£20 notes, it might indicate some sort of cash-machine scam is going on. As for getting rid of it, I'm sure you'll find someone stupid enough to accept it. :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    There's a lot of dodgy money about. I've come across countless numbers of the old issue £5 notes, for instance. (they were meant to have been taken out of circulation in 2003, so why they remain around is a mystery) I've also seen a lot of fake £1 coins, watch out for those. All you can really do is check all your change carefully. If you come across fake £10/£20 notes, it might indicate some sort of cash-machine scam is going on. As for getting rid of it, I'm sure you'll find someone stupid enough to accept it. :p

or that someone who is a devous criminal mind is just selling a batch of notes for cheap
    MrG wrote:
    or that someone who is a devous criminal mind is just selling a batch of notes for cheap

Sounds more like it
    you could always try gonig to your local bank or building society and withdrawing cash then gonig in saying the note looks a bit dodgy, might get it refunded or something.