Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Popularity

Need it.
Can't get it.
It's not good enough.

Good ideas?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get out and about!
    Not very helpful here, but if you work out the secret let me know.
    Not very helpful here, but if you work out the secret let me know.

I shall :)
    Move away from Silsden :yes:

Dunno how to get you some. Don't be so hard on yourself mate, I didn't make you my best man for nowt.
    Kermit wrote:
    Move away from Silsden :yes:

Dunno how to get you some. Don't be so hard on yourself mate, I didn't make you my best man for nowt.

I forgot I was still in Silsden :p

You're very kind.
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Get out and about!

Out and about?
    Need it.
    Can't get it.
    It's not good enough.

Good ideas?
    erm, look pretty
    MrG wrote:
    erm, look pretty

I have no hope of that.
    Out and about?

I'm sorry, but what I meant was get yourself out there (much harder to do than say I know) Number one step is to be confident. If you are confident in yourself, you will attract the attention of others. How about going to an evening class? I went along to an art class to broaden my social life and it worked. I do know it is hard, I have been there but put a little effort in and it will pay off. :)
    If you're a likeable person then I'm sure you're already popular with your mates without you realising it.
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I'm sorry, but what I meant was get yourself out there (much harder to do than say I know) Number one step is to be confident. If you are confident in yourself, you will attract the attention of others. How about going to an evening class? I went along to an art class to broaden my social life and it worked. I do know it is hard, I have been there but put a little effort in and it will pay off. :)

I go to the pub and whatnot, and out with the work people when owt's happening :)

I've not a right lot to be confident about, though.
    The fact they invite you is a great start. Just keep going out, talking to them, etc etc.

Don't expect to meet your new best friend in a week.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    The fact they invite you is a great start. Just keep going out, talking to them, etc etc.

Aye. I'm useless but I agree with that. I haven't even mentioned the word cunt either.
    Kermit wrote:

Everyone goes :p

I don't need a new best friend :) just to know more people, and somehow be thought of as normal or whatever by more people.

If others can, I should be able to, but it doesn't really work.
    Kermit wrote:

Exactly! Build on the friendships you have.
    popularity is not important,being YOU is! if you don't believe in yourself then it shows imo.ive always found that if i don't relax around people ,then they act differently towards me.they expect me,and no one else.
    Popularity? Find out why you need it. Why do you need to be popular with others? Is it more than just that?
    it's better to have 2 or 3 really good friends who love you to death than 100 people who maybe quite like you. and the one you choose speaks volumes about you as a person.

popularity is ok, but lots of people get it wrong. do they like you cause you're popular, or do they like you because you're you? in my experience, it's often the first.

anyway, forget popularity. what you need is self-confidence. and i'd like to dispense more advice about that, but i seem to be still working on it myself.
    i used to envy popular people, now i get on with everyone i realise those close friends you have are the only ones that matter. i get annoyed when people who dont know me pretend to be my best friend.
    "All you can be in life is who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all"
    kaffrin wrote:
    anyway, forget popularity. what you need is self-confidence. and i'd like to dispense more advice about that, but i seem to be still working on it myself.

1. That's very true.

2. All the best people are. ;)
    Thanks for the replies/advice :)

Threads like this are the reason I shouldn't post when pissed and miserable :(
    how about getting a job in a pub/club its a great way to meet people, i work in a club and its great for meeting people and I have a great laugh while working :)
    Robot_Alan wrote:
    how about getting a job in a pub/club its a great way to meet people, i work in a club and its great for meeting people and I have a great laugh while working :)

people just see you as the barman in their lives

not as andy

which i would and sometimes do have a problem with
    Don't wanna sound big headed but I've always been a popular guy. Feeling confident about yourself and being outgoing is the key. Sometimes something as trivial as a smile on your face can make people warm to you. Make them wanna meet you the next time they head out. And most of all....go nuts! :shocking:
    What turlough says is true, it's about being outgoing and friendly in most cases. A smile whenever greeting people is sometimes all it takes.
    Yeah people can see you as a bar man but I've also met some really good friends, like by working there I've made a really good friend. Anyway isn't popularity being known by a lot of people so after a while you get to know the people then when your out they'll say hi etc, people you want to be friends with you get talking to :)

Also picking up on the last two posts smiling at people makes you a far more likeable person and it makes you seem a lot more approachable. Confidence is also important but you tend to find that the more you talk to people even if it's just a hello you'll grow in confidence and it then kinda snowballs and goes from there, never talking to people will mean your confidence never increases. Thats my perception of it, but I've always found making friends easy and I've always been myself and tend to smile a hell of a lot.

Hope this helps :thumb: