Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A 'near death' experience!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today, I was almost killed, murdered, annihilated - whatever you want to call it. :p

Actually, during art class, this classmate tried to unsheathe a knife from its case. However, because the person he is, he decides to hold the case and wack it back and forth to get it out of the case. Now, what happens is that the knife actually flies out of the case at an incredible speed. It flies, tip facing forward, across the entire classroom and hits the wall. Now, the sound is hard to explain - almost like in a movie. Everyone is left breathless, really scared to death! After a few seconds of complete silence, hell breaks loose.

The teacher had to stand for about 2 minutes to get the knife out of the wall.

That's just fucking insane! It almost hit me and my other classmates. How would he explain to the child's parents if he/she died?How? That is beyond my comprehension, really.

Ever had a 'near death' experience?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    quarfly wrote:

I have had loads of near death experiences.

Most of them are from being almost bored to death by threads started by JoS.
    quarfly wrote:
    Today, I was almost killed, murdered, annihilated - whatever you want to call it. :p

Actually, during art class, this classmate tried to unsheathe a knife from its case. However, because the person he is, he decides to hold the case and wack it back and forth to get it out of the case. Now, what happens is that the knife actually flies out of the case at an incredible speed. It flies, tip facing forward, across the entire classroom and hits the wall. Now, the sound is hard to explain - almost like in a movie. Everyone is left breathless, really scared to death! After a few seconds of complete silence, hell breaks loose.

The teacher had to stand for about 2 minutes to get the knife out of the wall.

That's just fucking insane! It almost hit me and my other classmates. How would he explain to the child's parents if he/she died?How? That is beyond my comprehension, really.

lol how could he be such an idiot? :\

i've almost walked in front of a few cars.. not too much else as far as i remember ;p
    muse- wrote:
    That does seem really stupid.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    muse- wrote:

i've almost walked in front of a few cars.. not too much else as far as i remember ;p
    Thats a firm favourite of mine, however, being a hipocrite, i am the first to scream at someone when they walk out in front of my car!!
    apart from that i wouldnt say near death, although been in a couple of accidents, i wasnt driving, and never too serious
    muse- wrote:

Yes, can't believe it myself actually. Everyone was all over him after that, I can tell you.
    A few. Slipping down a slope with my leg caught up in the sledge. Slipping on some ice and falling into the path of a parking car. Being so tired and ill fed that my knees went weak and I nearly fell into the Colca Canyon, in the Peruvian desert.
    Cain wrote:
    A few. Slipping down a slope with my leg caught up in the sledge. Slipping on some ice and falling into the path of a parking car. Being so tired and ill fed that my knees went weak and I nearly fell into the Colca Canyon, in the Peruvian desert.
    That's quite alot, Be careful out there!!
    That's quite alot, Be careful out there!!

Heh, the universe is going to have to be more willing to kill me than that, if it truly wants rid of me.
    I was once trimming the hedge with those big hedge trimmer things, when suddenly it went off. I thought I'd blown the fuse but couldn't be bothered to find a new one, so gave up and left it. Later that day, my dad showed me the wire - I'd cut clean through it!! Scary shit. :D
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Almost gotten hit by cars a couple of times (in one case, the car stopped literally just millimetres away from me). Sank to the bottom of a pool when I couldn't swim. Slipped when going down a snowy mountain and almost fell off a cliff -I grabbed a rock to stop falling and it worked, but it sliced a tiny part of my hand open.
    A few years ago I was walking home from town. Looked both ways before crossing the road, saw that nothing was coming and starting crossing the road. Out of nowhere comes this stupid car, which was driving quite fast and nearly ran me over. Thankfully, I had enough sense to just step back so that I couldn't get run over. Mainly because of this, I hate crossing roads - even the smallish ones near where I lvie with my family.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I have had loads of near death experiences.

Most of them are from being almost bored to death by threads started by JoS.
    omg same here!
    i have death over me every day and i know one day i wil get hit by a car so yer and shit happens get over it.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Yes a car pulled out on me whilst I was riding my 125. I hit the car, split a main artery near my aorta. I remember no pain or panic, just lying there with the rain gently tapping on my helmet and that's it. Woke up the next day in intensive care.
    Weekender Offender 
    Ooh I have another one....

I once fell 30ft from a chair-lift at a ski resort in France. Had to be airlifted off the mountain to a hospital, where I had my mouth stitched up and spent the night. I was quite lucky, seen as I landed on a patch of snow between a snow cannon and a big concrete pillar. :D
    Ooh I have another one....

I once fell 30ft from a chair-lift at a ski resort in France. Had to be airlifted off the mountain to a hospital, where I had my mouth stitched up and spent the night. I was quite lucky, seen as I landed on a patch of snow between a snow cannon and a big concrete pillar. :D

show off :yeees:

:D
    Nearly been hit by cars a few times, nearly been knoecked off my bike. Nothing serious. I do tend to walk across the road without looking properly.
    if you mean seriously near-death actually injured but not quite died, then no.

otherwise, yeah. i have loads every time i drive on the M1. almost always cause of nobheads in big cars who think they are exempt from checking their blind spot.
    muse- wrote:
    show off :yeees:

:D

Hehe wasn't fun at the time, but I look back at it and smile :D
    I went down the Nene whitewater course stuck upside down in my boat because I couldn't get my spraydeck off, that was scary.
    Had a huge car crash that involved flipping my car over several times in the countryside at 10:30PM in total darkness. Walked away with scratches, whiplash and nettle stings as the car was over 100 feet away from the road in a farmers field. Somehow avoided numerous trees around the area which is extremely lucky!
    Not so much a 'near-death' experience but it could have potentially been damaging - i fell down a flight of stairs selotaped to a chair (face first) all i could do was fall, had my hands and feet tied so i couldnt even protect myself.
    Somehow managed to come off without a scratch though :confused:
    (i was only about 8 and me and mate had been watching an escape artist on tv before anyone asks :p)
    hmm crossing the road going into college once over a duel carraigeway got half way and carried on walking because i was staring at a girl at the other side of road when my mate yanked me back more or less making me fall over as a car whizzed past me at about 50 mph with horn going, i laughed about it but wasnt that funny. erm was in a car crash where we missed a lampost by centimetres going about 35mph. nearly drowned when i was younger in a swimming pool, thats about it though when i think about it, probably more but cant remember