Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cardiff

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, anyone from there or anyone familiar with Cardiff for whatever reason, a little help would be lovely. :)

I'm in Cardiff for three nights in June and as well as needing to scope out a nice place to stay I'd also love a few recommendations of anything of interest to see/do, maybe a nice restaurant and if possible any tips on nightlife that isn't centred around dance music (I'll settle for a few nice pubs).

:hyper:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When im at home i live really close to cardiff and have been going out there for years, im not really sure on places to stay cos i live close enouh just to go home, but i hear the big sleep is quite good. I really like the national gallery, and you could go see cardiff castle, an of course there's some shopping to be done. Its really nice to go out to cardiff bay too. As for going out nice pubs i can think of are, Lloyds and varsity which are like spoons kinda thing, an they got creation night club next to them which has a bar, an then a r n b and dance room if you fancy that. A side from that i'd go to the prince of wales, nice bar an quite cheap, an its near a few livelier places too.

if you want to know anything else give me a shout x
  • Options
    Thanks honey, I'll have a look into that Big Sleep place and see what it's like.

The National Gallery and castle suggestions sound perfect, I love going to castles and galleries so you must have had some psychic help there or something. ;) I'm sure I won't be able to resist a little shopping, either..
  • Options
    The gallery and castle are right in town too, near the shops ;)
  • Options
    Thought this might help, although you've probably had a look already Pure Cardiff its got links to a few places you might like to visit.
  • Options
    That site looks great, I hadn't looked at it yet so I will have a good trawl around it...I just had a glance and it seems like there'll be loads we'll want to do and see.

How helpful are you? Thanks! :D
  • Options
    lol no worries. :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Ok, anyone from there or anyone familiar with Cardiff for whatever reason, a little help would be lovely. :)

I'm in Cardiff for three nights in June and as well as needing to scope out a nice place to stay I'd also love a few recommendations of anything of interest to see/do, maybe a nice restaurant and if possible any tips on nightlife that isn't centred around dance music (I'll settle for a few nice pubs).

:hyper:

Where you want to stay is kind of dependant on how much you've got to spend...St David's Hotel and Spa in Cardiff Bay is stunning...but a tad expensive too :yes:
  • Options
    Where you want to stay is kind of dependant on how much you've got to spend...St David's Hotel and Spa in Cardiff Bay is stunning...but a tad expensive too :yes:

I'm not really into spa-type places, but I like a nice view. I wouldn't say money's not an issue, but I'd be willing to consider anything.

How expensive is "a tad expensive" then? :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'm not really into spa-type places, but I like a nice view. I wouldn't say money's not an issue, but I'd be willing to consider anything.

How expensive is "a tad expensive" then? :p

Take a gander at their site;

http://www.thestdavidshotel.com/index.html

The views are stunning tho :D