Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Guys eyeing you up? Guys, girls...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    aww thats not good.

I wouldn't do the obvious stare thing. i mean jeez its creppy. Leats do it subtley lol.

Yeah I have a feeling the dance floor pull is a younger thing, but I have seen people who seem in their 20's do it.

Confidence and calm...right.

lipsy - Oceania is expensive!!!! £1.50 for the the coat room!!!! Over £3 for drinks, £6-7 to get in. Thats exepnisve to me.
    Walkindude wrote:
    lipsy - Oceania is expensive!!!! £1.50 for the the coat room!!!! Over £3 for drinks, £6-7 to get in. Thats exepnisve to me.
    its not to me when i go to clubs where i pay £12 to get in, £2 for coat, £4 for drinks. and then sometimes i go somewhere else after and pay another tenner.
    lipsy wrote:
    its not to me when i go to clubs where i pay £12 to get in, £2 for coat, £4 for drinks. and then sometimes i go somewhere else after and pay another tenner.

Yeah, thats about right for expencive

£3 quid a drink round here is pretty good actually!! Most places are between £5-£8 to get in, then between £3-4.50 a drink...

I think the most expencive place I have been was about £20 to get in, drinks were £4-£5!
    Its crazy the amount of money they must be making off that!

As long as you have a good night though, it dosent bother me too much!
    lipsy wrote:
    And you consider yourself a northerner? :rolleyes:
    And you consider yourself a northerner? :rolleyes:
    :p depends what clubs you go to.. if theyre the ones where most people will be on something then they charge more for entrance and drinks coz otherwise they wouldnt make their money.
    I loved uni. We went back this year. One club was £5 to get in, then any drink you wanted for £1. Then in the actual union, we paid £3 to get in, went to the bar and I got the first round (2 drinks each for 4 of us) for just over £8. So everywhere seems expensive now.
    jesus lipsy that is wayyyyy expensive!!!!!

Don't know how you do it.

Mind you, I have been to Red Leopard, £5 to get in , over £3 for drinks and a £10 for ...extras plus the odd £1 or 2.

£2 for caot rack?? that scandelous.

Should be a £1 max.
    Walkindude wrote:
    jesus lipsy that is wayyyyy expensive!!!!!

Don't know how you do it.

Mind you, I have been to Red Leopard, £5 to get in , over £3 for drinks and a £10 for ...extras plus the odd £1 or 2.

£2 for caot rack?? that scandelous.

Should be a £1 max.

If you're going to a proper club for the whole night then I've found it quite easy to blast £70 or so.
    I loved uni. We went back this year. One club was £5 to get in, then any drink you wanted for £1. Then in the actual union, we paid £3 to get in, went to the bar and I got the first round (2 drinks each for 4 of us) for just over £8. So everywhere seems expensive now.
    yeh you gotta love student nights!
    Aye.

I try and control myself though. Not to spend too much, specially since I didn't have a lot of income coming in.

Some people spend £100 a night and go out a few nights a week.

thats wack.
    Never had a guy eye me up (apart from a copper, that time I got arrested....). I feel left out. :(
    Last time I went to Oceania it was £8 for a vodka-redbull :( Much better to spend the cash on other substances and save the rest for the entrance fee to a decent club is my philosophy ;)
    Last time I went to Oceania it was £8 for a vodka-redbull :( Much better to spend the cash on other substances and save the rest for the entrance fee to a decent club is my philosophy ;)
    oh my :eek:

you sure it wasn't a triple?
    lipsy wrote:
    oh my :eek:

you sure it wasn't a triple?

No it wasn't! Rubbish eh. Went onto the stella after that (£3)...
    :lol:

£2 to put your coat in? and people wonder why Northerners go out without a jacket

I mean, I go to a great club that's £11 to get in - but once you're inside it's dirt cheap. So I'm thinking the expensive door charge is to keep er, "undesirables" out, and I can get behind that way of thinking. ;)
    lipsy wrote:
    they should have the over-21s here! i don't think they could though because there are quite a few other clubs in leeds which are in direct competition with oceana.
    It's 19 on a Friday night, 21 on a Saturday for Oceana Leeds.
    Captain wrote:
    It's 19 on a Friday night, 21 on a Saturday for Oceana Leeds.
    oooh i never knew that. ive been told its still full of nobheads on saturday though.
    not chavs though???

I went there ona friday and the bouncers were checking shoes, usually means you don't get the chav brigade.

Guess you can get nob heads in nice clothes tho..

Ay men!

Water tends to be pretty cheap in alot of places! :thumb:
    Walkindude wrote:
    not chavs though???

I went there ona friday and the bouncers were checking shoes, usually means you don't get the chav brigade.

Guess you can get nob heads in nice clothes tho..

Yeah and you get a lot of them dressed up in the casual gear etc. I suppose it depends on your definition of nice clothes really!
    Indeed!!!

Well its shoes that get you into clubs in leeds. So you have to have nice shoes, as long as they are not brown, rockports, trainers or my sweet saude wrangler black ones with the rubber bottoms that wasn't good enough for the crappy gatecrasher club in Leeds :mad:
    Walkindude wrote:
    Indeed!!!

Well its shoes that get you into clubs in leeds. So you have to have nice shoes, as long as they are not brown, rockports, trainers or my sweet saude wrangler black ones with the rubber bottoms that wasn't good enough for the crappy gatecrasher club in Leeds :mad:
    you can get away with some trainers especially converse. its your general appearance really.
    lipsy wrote:
    you can get away with some trainers especially converse. its your general appearance really.

Yeah I normally wear trainers to discotheque. Especially if it's a dance music night 'cos dancing in shoes would just be daft :D
    Depends what club.

Like Baja, Bondi will let you in with trainers but like majesticks I dont think do, gatecrasher for sure. Not certain about creation.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Depends what club.

Like Baja, Bondi will let you in with trainers but like majesticks I dont think do, gatecrasher for sure. Not certain about creation.
    discotheque is gatecrasher, which is where he wears trainers.

why would you even think about going to majestics or baja or creastion anyway? :crying:
    Walkindude wrote:
    Indeed!!!

All in all... I prefer going to a rave rather than a club...

There is too much attitude in alot of clubs now days, at least at a rave most people there are going purely for the music and having a great time!

Generally you will find everyone is really open and friendly (funny that... :D )

Although its not something I could do every weekend... too much stress on the body and mind!
    Yeah I normally wear trainers to discotheque.
    Discotheque. :lol: You sound like David Cameron trying to be 'down with the kids'. There's a club by me that supposedly doesn't allow you on with trainers. I've only been on twice (I say on, cos it's on a boat) and worn trainers both times. They were both those flat ones (Lacoste and K-Swiss) if it matters. I just reckon it's an excuse to not let people on they don't like the look of.

Edit: Haha. I thought you said to a discotheque.
    Discotheque. :lol: You sound like David Cameron trying to be 'down with the kids'. There's a club by me that supposedly doesn't allow you on with trainers. I've only been on twice (I say on, cos it's on a boat) and worn trainers both times. They were both those flat ones (Lacoste and K-Swiss) if it matters. I just reckon it's an excuse to not let people on they don't like the look of.

Edit: Haha. I thought you said to a discotheque.

Wow, you people have it easy...

Round my way, bouncers carry shot guns... if your not wareing shoes they blow you away!!

ok... maybe thats a lie, but no clubs let you in with trainers on anywhere I have been round here!

Only club round here is the student union. Double vodka and redbull, with change from a fiver :thumb:
    I'd expect to pay £3-£3.50 for a double (35ml shot) vodka with a cheap version of Red Bull. At uni there was a bar that did a triple for £3.