Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bad neighbours?

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
Hi guys, and gals,

Have you ever found a dead rat in your letter box, been woken up at 4AM to hard house on the subwoofer or been subjected to some horrible sights like ‘the ugly naked guy’ in Friends ?

Let us know about your neighbour/s from hell, housemate from hell or even landlord from hell!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    our neighbours have started a scrap yard in the back garden, they've got a dark that barks every sunday morning from 8am - midday, they have loud parties (and even louder arguments) on a frequent basis and remined me of somethign out of stig of the dump! Wish i could get out of this hole!!!!
    groovejet wrote:
    our neighbours have started a scrap yard in the back garden, they've got a dark that barks every sunday morning from 8am - midday, they have loud parties (and even louder arguments) on a frequent basis and remined me of somethign out of stig of the dump! Wish i could get out of this hole!!!!

A barking dark? :confused:
    How about the time when my neighbour in halls used to have sex in the communal shower, and we could hear it? Or when he used to have his subwoofer on playing music at 4am? Or when he and 8 of his mates tried to barge down my locked beddoor when I was in there? One of the other girls moved out because of him.
    I used to live beneath some junkies / crusties who were squatting in the flats above me. One of the guys used to hang his head out the window and spew on my doorstep. Nice.

When they were finally moved on, they bunged the toilet bowl up with newspaper and hooked the cistern up so it was permanently flushing. They flooded the bathroom and my ceiling fell down on top of me and my 6 month old baby!! Neither of us were hurt and I had contents insurance so it wasn't too awful.

My next door neighbour burnt his house down by leaving a sock drying on his night storage heater. I realised the house was on fire and rang the fire brigade and ambulance. I didn't know if he was in there or not so the firemen went in with breathing gear etc. Thankfully he was out at work but it came down to me to tell him what had happened when he got back :( At least I managed to save his cats!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Having had decks and playing loud music on a number of occasions I've had serious complaints from the people next door. I never played it loud during unsociable hours however, and one staurday whilst having a mix found the bloke from next door knocking on my bedroom door and severely pissed off. Because I'd failed to answer the door he'd decided to let himslef in.
    I blew up and my mates and I chased him out my house. 30 mins later the police came round and almost arrested me. Nothing came of it but havn't had a complaint of him since.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Having had decks and playing loud music on a number of occasions I've had serious complaints from the people next door. I never played it loud during unsociable hours however, and one staurday whilst having a mix found the bloke from next door knocking on my bedroom door and severely pissed off. Because I'd failed to answer the door he'd decided to let himslef in.
    I blew up and my mates and I chased him out my house. 30 mins later the police came round and almost arrested me. Nothing came of it but havn't had a complaint of him since.

that'll learn him!! :)
    my neighbours were propper cunts when we first moved in(3 yrs ago). allways complaining about our dog barking.what pissed me off was that they owned a dog that barked continuosly.i soon came to the conclusion that they must have had complaints about their dog barking before we moved in.every time they came round to complain,they would say,"can you please tell your dog to stop barking!"......they obviously didnt believe me when i said that i had told him many times to stop barking,after all 50 odd complaints.so i decided to prove it to them.the husband came round and said exaclty the same thing again,so i invited him in.i introduced him to barney..(my dog) and said,"now barney,this man doesn't like you barking all the time,so you must stop it!...ok?"...barney wagged is tail and nodded his head...i then said to the neighbour,"you see! ive told him,what else can i do?"........neighbour shook his head and walked out.
    three months later his wife kiked him out, and moved a women in......now i have to complain about "noisy" lesbian sex every night with a dog barking its bollocks off!! :D
    My neighbours complained to the local councillor about my beer bottle display in my window when i used to live like a student, with three durham students.

i will go see if i can find a scan of the letter

i was hardly a neighbour from hell, cause the nice old woman in the house on the otherside of us, always used to bake us pies and cakes and stuff, and we'd have tea and biscuits in our joint back yard, cause she was on her own, but also rather cool
    MrG wrote:
    My neighbours complained to the local councillor about my beer bottle display in my window when i used to live like a student, with three durham students.

i will go see if i can find a scan of the letter

i was hardly a neighbour from hell, cause the nice old woman in the house on the otherside of us, always used to bake us pies and cakes and stuff, and we'd have tea and biscuits in our joint back yard, cause she was on her own, but also rather cool
    :lol: ..propper!
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    :lol: ..propper!
    MrG = nicest neighbour from hell :)
    I wouldn't remove it. What are they gonna do you for? Its not as if most shop windows aren't littered with "8 CAN CARLSBERG £1.50" and pictures etc anyway :/
    My neighbours are quite nosiy but as we know their mum, its her house, it gets reported to her if nothing gets done. Never had a major problems, apart from calling the police out to stop the fights next door.
    I live beside a lake when at home in Ireland. One summer when I was having a party my mate decides to go for a swim at about 6am. We started pelting pebbles at him in badness. He started yelping and shouting. Anyway after this we decided to have a game of football on my dewy back lawn all wearing nothing but boxers. A bit homoerotic I know, but it was fun. Next thing the police land round - my neighbour HAD PHONED THEM when they heard my mate yelping and shouting from the lake.

So about 12 young men were marched into the house, and standing in my boxers, soaking from the dew, I had to explain what was going on. There were two cops, one man, one female. The guy was totally sound and giving it 'yea I used to party when I was your age too' etc but the woman was a total bitch. All my pissed mates were laughing at her on the power trip and I don't think she appreciated it.

Anyway, it ended alright. I just reckon neighbours who call the police on you for no good reason are neighbours from hell. But they probably see me as the neighbour from hell as well :p .
    Oh and when I was 10 I had a neighbour who kicked all my footballs into the lake when I was away on holiday because I opted to play football rather than shitty computer games with him. He always used to threaten to nuke me as well. Strange kid. :rolleyes: