Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Theories on life...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
None of us can neither prove nor disprove anyones theories on life (and death) because none of us can really know for sure, so what if..

I am actually in a coma and everything i think is real is actually just a lucid dream?

The world = the matrix

My life is actually like the truman show and that film was just made to try and leave a clue (how do you know im not leaving you a clue right now?)

Life is a puzzle that we have to solve before we die..like there are a load of hidden clues scattered around the world.

We are like a science project for some alien speicies and our centuries are like seconds for them

Anyone got any thoughts on these or any more to add? :D

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i dont like the thought of the truman show...in fact i dont like any of what you have said there. it scares me...just like whats after space!

there are times i wish i was completely thick and didnt comprehend these sort of things!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i dont like the thought of the truman show...in fact i dont like any of what you have said there. it scares me...just like whats after space!

there are times i wish i was completely thick and didnt comprehend these sort of things!

i always thought people got scared because they DIDNT understand things :rolleyes:
    I think this is a hard one to answer in any one sentence really.

Im not sure if i have a theory in life and i certainly don't think were dreaming.Maybe we only get one chance in life but I believe that there must be more life on other planets but thats something that I won't see in my lifetime. I also believe theres something after we die but sometimes I suppose I find it too freaky to think about what it is, i think we certainly have a spirit within us that takes us to the next place we belong, whether thats with those have already passed on is what i will see when its my turn.

Many believe that each one of us has a destiny, i suppose i could agree with the theory but i believe theres too many possibilities for us all to have a destiny. Maybe it will be your destiny if thats what you tell yourself but I dont think there has to be.

I think you can take out of like what you reach for. I feel I lost alot of my childhood to spending most of my time in hospital and i feared losing my education and ability to do what i wanted in life. I remember once my uncle told me that I would never work in motorsport, as much as i loved it i would never get closer to a car than the other side of a fence on the racetrack. 6 years later i had that victory within after mixing with 3 top formula 1 drivers and tenths of mechanics and pit crew as well as working with a team at the circuit (ive worked for two formula 1 teams). Im just saying to get what you want you must reach further.

Alot of people i know seem to confine themselves to the local shop in my local town which is where they may live for the rest of there life. I think life is about travel, education and seeing culture. Going and witnessing and even living in different parts of the the world I can see being an amazing experience. Taking on some initiative and having some ambition can maybe get you a long way.

Perhaps my point stretches out of iceys question, but I just think that while were living our 'life' we should be grateful for what we can do. Ive seen that I could be in a wheelchair now if it wasn't for a split second decision by a doctor in one operation i had. This makes me stand up and take on the initiative, responsibility and ambition to do what i want and enjoy my life to the full. Something i hope to be doing in years to come.

Maybe you disagree.
    icey wrote:
    None of us can neither prove nor disprove anyones theories on life (and death) because none of us can really know for sure, so what if..

I am actually in a coma and everything i think is real is actually just a lucid dream?

The world = the matrix

My life is actually like the truman show and that film was just made to try and leave a clue (how do you know im not leaving you a clue right now?)

Life is a puzzle that we have to solve before we die..like there are a load of hidden clues scattered around the world.

We are like a science project for some alien speicies and our centuries are like seconds for them

Anyone got any thoughts on these or any more to add? :D
    jesus!! you've been smoking some serious shit! i usually reserve that for the weekends :naughty::D
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    jesus!! you've been smoking some serious shit! i usually reserve that for the weekends :naughty::D

he might just have had takeout and been watching some dvds while pissed on white lightning :chin:
    DEANO MAC wrote:

lol
    its dem little people!!...fuckin about wid de crack!
    No...the meaning of life shouldn't be solved. No point in trying. It's mysterious and should be kept that way.

It's one big learning experience and I'm grateful for it. Seriously though, I'd rather live for x amount of years and experienced it than never have existed in the first place.
    Do you think if you knew the true meaning of life you'd change? Like you'd become a god or something?
    icey wrote:

Won't hold up in court.

"Clayton E. Butsch was convicted of murder in Everett, Wash., in October despite his defense that he was part of the movie The Truman Show and had been ordered to kill by a pet cat."

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/columns/story.asp?id=10315

:crazyeyes
    God exists because of Faith.
    Prove God exists you take away faith.
    With out faith God stops existing.

Cosmic!
    That is an interesting theory.

I have often wondered what would happen if everyone truely stopped believing in God. Everyone tunred away and he just didn't exist to them.

Would he then exist in reality??

Is his power rooted in himself or int he faith we give him?? Like does our collective belief make God powerful? Or would he be powerful without us?
    If everyone who believed in God turned around tomorrow and started believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster instead, would that mean the Flying SPaghetti Monster really existed?
    Maybe!!

Depends how much power belief has.

I meant truelly not beliveing, and everyone int he world. It just ended. The belief and faith in God.

Coz if God exists and has all this power, then where does the power come from? Thats why I had the belief and faith idea.
    stop trying to work it all out....we were never meant to know! thats why we don't have enough intelligence to work it all out...imo
    indeed!!

or maybe we do, we just don't know how to use it!!!

Or maybe the answer is 42....
    Walkindude wrote:
    indeed!!

or maybe we do, we just don't know how to use it!!!

Or maybe the answer is 42....
    is that +vat or not? :D
    lol!!!

maybe its all a dream..
    Walkindude wrote:
    Maybe!!

Depends how much power belief has.

I meant truelly not beliveing, and everyone int he world. It just ended. The belief and faith in God.

Coz if God exists and has all this power, then where does the power come from? Thats why I had the belief and faith idea.

It's a bit like the chicken-and-egg question - but if you believe in the Christian God, then presumably you also believe he created the world as well - so there was a God before people believed in him, which would mean he can get along just fine without people's belief in him.

Unless maybe he was feeling really insecure that day and decided he just couldn't carry on unless he created a whole race of people to worship him...
    possibly. I mean maybe he came into being and then was losing power, maybe creating everything was necassary to give him back his power.

Also he created Angels before us, so he had the belief factor there already before us.

Also I guess its justa matter of perception, Imean if you don't belive in something you can't see, is it there??
    what a fuckin lazy way of working it all out though,inventing a god......yea "how did the world come about?"......easy,god made it! now what else would you like to know?
    Walkindude wrote:
    possibly. I mean maybe he came into being and then was losing power, maybe creating everything was necassary to give him back his power.

Also he created Angels before us, so he had the belief factor there already before us.

Also I guess its justa matter of perception, Imean if you don't belive in something you can't see, is it there??
    short answer, NO!
    I wasn't being lazy. And nto taking away from evolution or anything but its necassary when bringin int he God argument.

Of course it may be way more complicated or simple then we ever could have suspected.
    Get your head round the simulation argument
    Walkindude wrote:

Interesting theory - so we've actually got the beardy old bugger by the balls and can disbelieve him out of existence? If I was a religious leader, I'd take that theory and get my followers to move away from straightforward worship into something more like collective bargaining...
    Walkindude wrote:
    I wasn't being lazy. And nto taking away from evolution or anything but its necassary when bringin int he God argument.

Of course it may be way more complicated or simple then we ever could have suspected.
    i wasnt calling you lazy mate.
    Blagsta wrote:

That made my head hurt.
    The old social reality vs actual reality debate.

Most humans pick social reality, very few pick actual reality. :wave:

There are probably good reasons for this, to do with the general inability of people to provide for themselves without trading with others, the effort expended in thinking vs just going along with things until they get really bad and so on.
    Blagsta wrote:

Difficult to get my head around that one - but I get a feeling that guy's seen The Matrix about five thousand times...:D
    Whatever you think is right...the truth is much worse.