Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New York

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
time sqaure will blow your fuckin mind its the most amazing place i have ever been
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What did you find so great about it? I had a mostly sucky time in new york...
    I LOVE New York, Times Square wasn't anything amazing though imo. It's always good to know people there, go to the good spots and avoid tourist traps.

I'd like to know what you liked so much about Times Square, too. :)
    Just the hustle and bustle of it all, and the massive advertisements were wicked. Central Park is nice aswell.
    doddie wrote:
    time sqaure will blow your fuckin mind its the most amazing place i have ever been

Really? Its not even square, but thats not massively important.

I cant say I was that impressed, its just a few big adverts and some roads, though the Toys R Us there is good.
    very true toyrs r us is gd i wanted to go on the ferris wheel thing in there but the cue was to long.
    The whole city smells of urine, imo...
    my_name wrote:
    The whole city smells of urine, imo...

:lol: you so funny
    New York was an amazing site to me.
    I dont think its so much the attractions that stood me but more the vibrant atmosphere and the fact its so non stop.
    Some of the things I experienced like stuff that I had seen in the movies at home, when I actually got there turned to be true of the city. Like the smoke from drains,etc,etc.

Empire state was an amazing view as well.

Why say it smells of urine? Do you have nothing better to do?
    I :heart: NY :D
    I went to New York last Summer. I have to say, it was definitely a bit surreal being there at first. You feel like you're in a film, simply because about ten million films are made in New York. Also, being a complete and utter Spider-Man fan I could just imagine swinging around the buildings, 50 stories up, scoping for crime and making smart-alec remarks to baddies before beating them up.

It was definitely an experience being there but DAMN it was hot and humid. Kind of unpleasent after a bit although relaxing in Central Park was cool, especially as so many fine ass girls seemed to sunbathe there WEARING VERY LITTLE!!1!yiKeS!!1!

Oh and if you want to see New York state in an original and exciting way, just jump on a freight train and rock and roll :cool:
    i went new york a couple of years back now as part of a little mini tour of america and canada with my mates. I really enjoyed it, but it certainly wasnt the best part of the trip.

i dont think i really had long enough in NYC to fully appriciate it, was only there for 3 days, one of the days we got one of those busses and went round all the major sites. I thought the empire state building was pretty cool, but scruffy on the inside tho. Liberty island was dissapointing tho.
    I think New York far more appeals to people who dont live in a big city already.

Its a nice enough place with some interesting bits, but its not one of the Worlds great cities.
    mrbox99 wrote:
    Why say it smells of urine? Do you have nothing better to do?

Because its what I thought of the city?
    Other parts of the state are nice, but the city smells of pee.

Do you have nothing better to do than to ask why I type certian things?
    my_name wrote:
    Because its what I thought of the city?
    Other parts of the state are nice, but the city smells of pee.

Do you have nothing better to do than to ask why I type certian things?

lol
    im going to new york tomorrow !!!! :razz: im so exxited !!!!! can any one recommend any where good to go shopping ???
    Manhattan's probably a good start *nods*
    K.N.S wrote:
    im going to new york tomorrow !!!! :razz: im so exxited !!!!! can any one recommend any where good to go shopping ???
    SoHo! Definitely!
    time sq was a let down - seeing a show on braodway and taking a stroll in central park are higher up on my list. Time sq reminded me of leicester sq or picadilly circus - been there done that. Next.