Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Reasons why you miss a period whilst on the pill.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Exactly as the title says, afterall if the pill is supposed to control your periods artificially making sure it's all scheduled why is it that sometimes you may still not have a period?
Just wondering because evrytime it happens it scares the sh*t outta me!

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes you will miss a period and if you'll look, i actually posted my problem before, and I got advice that your body is getting into a system and may be late by 2,3,4 ... however many days each month.

Mine seems to be running on a 4 day late thing, but ive only been on it 3months, so i'm waiting to see what happens next month
  • Options
    ive been on it nearly 3 years and it runs like clockwork, i take my last pill on a friday and by monday(tuesday at the the latest) i have my period and i'm finished by friday. I just find it odd that once in a while i just don't have a period it panics me a bit 'cause i don't use condoms often
  • Options
    this has happened too me the past few months ill be on one month and not the next month but my nurse told me that it was because i was ill and it just stoped me from having my period. Still scared the S**T outa me!!
  • Options
    It says on my instructions that its normal to miss a month (which is dumb coz it scares us!), but 2months in a row and you should see a doc or something like that...