Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bank thingy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just checked my bank balance online, and next to my balance there is "DR", what does this mean?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    overdrawn?
    DR = drawn.

Even if you're in an authorised overdraft, it will say DR.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    OverDRawn.
    JsT wrote:
    OverDRawn.

What he said. If you don't have an agreed overdraft then you will be charge for going over. £35 i think.
    yeh you normally get a DR for when you're in your overdraft (or go overdrawn if you don't have one) and a CR for when you're in credit.
    the charge depends on your bank though, some of 'em give you a free buffer for small amounts for short periods of time. If you don't have an agreed limit, or you go over it- best thing to do is give 'em a ring to extend it for a limited/permenant period of time, or set one up.
    my bank doesn't charge me if i go overdrawn by less than a fiver, otherwise they charge me £25, but not more than twice in the entire time i'm overdrawn
    RBS is bad for charging you more than once.
    I use to be quite familiar with OD! 700 quid once to be precise... I have an authorised limit of 200 pounds I was once in that bad of a state I was paying the 14 pounds charge for 7months! But I Now have a car worth 6 grand and savings of over 3500 pounds. I feel great and I advise anyone if you can stay away from an overdraft do it! :thumb:
    I feel your pain, my bank would charge you $50 for an intial overdraft fee, then $7 a day. (minus weekends) How are you supposed to pay it back when they keep charging you daily for money you dont have!
    my_name wrote:
    I feel your pain, my bank would charge you $50 for an intial overdraft fee, then $7 a day. (minus weekends) How are you supposed to pay it back when they keep charging you daily for money you dont have!

Thats so true!

The banks always seemed so nice when younger but boy was I wrong.

I don't have sympathy for debters as I was one myself, though I do feel there pain with all the charges the banks tend to charge.
    But I Now have a car worth 6 grand and savings of over 3500 pounds. I feel great and I advise anyone if you can stay away from an overdraft do it! :thumb:

Woopee for you :yippe: :yeees:
    beans wrote:
    Woopee for you :yippe: :yeees:

You seem down... You in debt? If so talk about it. :)